Hacking Updated to 9.1.0 on Choidujour + Atmosphere emummc: now black screen!?

0bvious

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a partitioned SD card, with my emummc on a fat32gb partition. I used Choidujour to update to latest firmware. I chose the fat32 option. After it installed it went to reboot and will now not load at all. I can get sysnand back up, and the atmosphere/hektate logo shows when booting, but it just stays at black screen.

What to do??

0bvious

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
No theme installed. I am reading around, perhaps I left the 'autorcm' option checked when I upgraded. Does that corrupt the emummc boot? A lot of the info I am reading seems out of date, so I am confused.

If that's the case, am I screwed? Can I just copy my 'saves' folder from emummc and port them over to a new emummc install?

Oooops

0bvious

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If anyone was vaguely interested in how I solved my problem (above).... I copied everything off my sd card. Then formatted it to fat32, then copied back, and now my emunand boots again

Reactions: maduro

maanut

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Thanks for sharing this information, I'm at 8.1.0 and I want to update but I don't know if it's a good idea.

maduro

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
If anyone was vaguely interested in how I solved my problem (above).... I copied everything off my sd card. Then formatted it to fat32, then copied back, and now my emunand boots again

I just created an account simply to say thank you! This happened to me just now, same scenario, after the reboot in Choidujour everything went black and I couldn't boot anything, not even OFW, it literally seemed bricked. I did what you said and it actually worked and everything seems to be updated and running normal. For reference in case others end up here:

I was on sysNAND OFW 9.2.0 and emuNAND 9.4.0/AMS 0.12
I updated AMS to 0.14.4 and hekate to 5.3.3
I booted into SYSNAND OFW and updated it to 10.2.0
I then booted into CFW (9.2.0) and used Choi to update to 10.2.0 on the emuNAND
After everything appeared successful and it began the reboot that's when it all went BLACK!

I removed the SD card, inserted into Win10 laptop
copied the contents off
reformated the SD card as FAT32 (it currently was FAT32)
moved the files back
inserted the SD card back into my switch and I was up and running again.

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
? Can you elaborate? Do you mean, do the update and select ExFat next time even though I had done my hack initially with FAT32? Wouldn't that corrupt my SD data or wipe everything?
It will not corrupt a damn thing. I have my card in ExFat for over a year and have no problems whatsoever. Your usage may vary, though.

Install the ExFat update because at least you have the option to use an ExFat formatted card if you want. There is no obligation to do so.

But if you have your system fixed, let it be. No need to partake in possibly dangerous adventures.

maduro

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
It will not corrupt a damn thing. I have my card in ExFat for over a year and have no problems whatsoever. Your usage may vary, though.

Install the ExFat update because at least you have the option to use an ExFat formatted card if you want. There is no obligation to do so.

But if you have your system fixed, let it be. No need to partake in possibly dangerous adventures.

Of course I would prefer ExFat so I don't have the 4GB limit but when I hacked my switch earlier this year, the consensus at the time is that FAT32 was a bit better as there were possible issues using exfat.

Having said this, just to be clear, you're saying while I am currently running CFW on emuNAND on a FAT32 sd card I could do a future update and just simply select exfat, and it will reformat my card and keep everything in place?

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Of course I would prefer ExFat so I don't have the 4GB limit but when I hacked my switch earlier this year, the consensus at the time is that FAT32 was a bit better as there were possible issues using exfat.

Having said this, just to be clear, you're saying while I am currently running CFW on emuNAND on a FAT32 sd card I could do a future update and just simply select exfat, and it will reformat my card and keep everything in place?
No, man. Your card will be untouched. What I mean is that you can use ExFat if you want from that point on. But the formatting is done by yourself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.