updated to 6.39 ME-9, now PSP crashes a lot

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Zalda, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Zalda
    OP

Zalda GBAtemp Fan

Aug 11, 2007
    whenever i try to go to usb-connection or to system settings, the psp loads for 2-5 seconds and then just powers off.
    games still work though, but all the rest is fucked up.....
    the cfw instlal was succesful because when i press select in the menu it shows 6.39 VSH menu.

bascially everytime i try to access anything from the settings menu it powers off after 5 seconds of loading [​IMG]

2. Ryupower

Ryupower Brood

Oct 8, 2007
    United States
    try 6.39 Pro b8

3. clonesniper666

clonesniper666 KRII LUN AUS

Jul 31, 2007
    United States
    The Great Underworld Warzone
    It may be a problem with one of your plugins since I had this happen on the Pro firmwares of 6.39 but once i switched to ME mine worked. Try taking the plugin folder off the memory stick and see if it works then, it could also be a problem with the 6.39 ME-9, I cant say for sure since I still use 6.39ME-8.

4. Qtis

Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Feb 28, 2010
    The Forge
    Seconded. So far no problems and I've got quite a few homebrew/plugins running using 6.39 Pro B8.

-Qtis

5. Zalda
    OP

Zalda GBAtemp Fan

Aug 11, 2007
    the plugins thingy worked!!! thanks so much! everything works and i succesfully updated my firmware, tnx gbatemp!

6. Zalda
    OP

Zalda GBAtemp Fan

Aug 11, 2007
    been a looooooooong time since i meddled in anything PSP related, i just downloaded an ISO;
    (PSP) Shin Megami Tensei - Persona 3 Portable (works on GEN-D3)

does this work on my 6.39 ME-8 firmware? I don't have to do anything special or so? just been out of the loop for a long time, sorry