Hacking Updated to 6.2 Now I cannot boot CFW or OFW

mitcha

مجاهد صنديد مقاتل عنيد
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
I will try to boot ofw with SD card out. I tried with it in and it froze on Nintendo Logo.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hmm I will try a second SD format and fresh install. Should I try fat32 instead of exfat?
i upgrade with the(6.2 exfat) in c
choidujournx , but im using a fat32 card right now.
if the problem persist send me pm and i will sent you the files im using , but for now im going work.

Reactions: Philliyxx

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Autorcm brick the switch on purpose,corrupting some bits on the BOOT0 so time to time you gonna have some trouble!some people do some don't !
(in my opinion)

Why do you say that ? If you go to discord and those people who are highly expert on those things. AutoRCM IS NOT BRICK IT! STOP BEING A FAKE EXPERT. IF YOU DONT KNOW THEN DONT SAY IT.

Please don't be a false information to panic him. AutoRCM do not cause brick at all. DEFINITELY NOT, 100 percent. NOT!

Any have this issue?

I was on 5.1 RajNX for the last 2 months. SD is EXFAT.

I jumped to ReiNX 2.0 today. Everything fine booted up, etc.

Loaded ChoidujourNX and upgraded to 6.2 FW as I have done before from 4-5.1. Chose exfat as an option as well as RCM, which I did the last time.

Now when I try to boot Atmosphere or ReiNX or even OFW switch freezes at black screen after the initial splash screen. I can push the payloads from hekate but switch never gets to boot up.

Anyone experience this? I have reformated SD card and same thing happens.

I highly recommended you to go to Discord and join and have them help you. Your Switch is not brick. Something is just missing or something. If you want to join Discord.. Let me know and I will gladly send you an invitation so you can talk with ReiNX developer team. They are awesome people. I talked with them all the time. They are highly skill and an experience who responsible for ReiNX and they know all about ChoiNX as well. Pm me if you want.

Reactions: Neuro vYrus

Philliyxx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do you say that ? If you go to discord and those people who are highly expert on those things. AutoRCM IS NOT BRICK IT! STOP BEING A FAKE EXPERT. IF YOU DONT KNOW THEN DONT SAY IT.

Please don't be a false information to panic him. AutoRCM do not cause brick at all. DEFINITELY NOT, 100 percent. NOT!

I highly recommended you to go to Discord and join and have them help you. Your Switch is not brick. Something is just missing or something. If you want to join Discord.. Let me know and I will gladly send you an invitation so you can talk with ReiNX developer team. They are awesome people. I talked with them all the time. They are highly skill and an experience who responsible for ReiNX and they know all about ChoiNX as well. Pm me if you want.
I will try a few suggestions posted when I get home from work. I was in a couple discords last night but it was late, still some helpful people.

Thanks will report back later

Reactions: spotanjo3

Deobulakenyo

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I took the SD out, and then I was able to boot directly into the official firmware. I then was able to "upgrade" again after just doing 6.2.0 using choinx.

Wait i thought i read that when you use choinx to update your fw you can not boot to official fw because it will burn your fuse and your sysnand will be updated. How come you updated again your fw? Isn't your fw supposed to be uodated already when you booted on/to ofw? I am confused.

ucef

Trophies
XP
Country
Morocco

It's somekind of brick that you can undo at anytime just by disable it.
It corrupt some bits on BOOT0,that's why your console cant boot on OFW and enter into rcm mode

Last edited by ucef,

Philliyxx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait i thought i read that when you use choinx to update your fw you can not boot to official fw because it will burn your fuse and your sysnand will be updated. How come you updated again your fw? Isn't your fw supposed to be uodated already when you booted on/to ofw? I am confused.

I think you can boot ofw FROM hekate, since hekate ignores fuses. Correct me if I'm wrong

benjo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Why you not using emunand on your sd?

People dont want to pay closed source pirates for stolen code.

I dont want to start a discussion here, its just to clarify why people dont have emunand (yet).

Last edited by benjo,

Philliyxx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reformatted the card 3 times, tried once with bare minimum atmosphere, tried 1 with kosmos, tried 1 with reinNX. Same results.

Coudnt get into swtich recovery mode, Couldn't find another SD card to test, therefore I am going to attempt NAND restore.

Last edited by Philliyxx,

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That's funny. Thanks for the laugh. If you had any knowledge at all you would know that autoRCM started out as "Brickme". Its a soft brick. It purposefully soft bricks your Switch forcing it to RCM. Discord is full of people regurgitataing info that has been known and talked about for months on gbatemp.

Last edited by Kafluke,

Philliyxx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Couldn't find another SD card
Reformatted the card 3 times, tried once with bare minimum atmosphere, tried 1 with kosmos, tried 1 with reinNX. Same results.
That's funny. Thanks for the laugh. If you had any knowledge at all you would know that autoRCM started out as "Brickme". Its a soft brick. It purposefully soft bricks your Switch forcing it to RCM. Discord is full of people regurgitataing info that has been known and talked about for months on gbatemp.

Is that the same as
briccmii

Philliyxx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Taken a turn for the worse. restored NAND tried to boot into CFW.

Tried OFW with SD card in no luck.

Tried OFW with SD card out no luck

Tried OFW with RCM off no luck:cry:

stephrk398

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd also really like to know the cause of this. Either the OP is leaving out information on what he did that may have caused this or even worse, he did everything right and this still happened.

Philliyxx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd also really like to know the cause of this. Either the OP is leaving out information on what he did that may have caused this or even worse, he did everything right and this still happened.

Not sure what else I can provide. If someone wants to know the 6.2 Firmware file I used to upgrade? It was supplied from a pretty reputable source. Seems to me that's the variable since I was able to boot RajNX and ReiNX on 5.1. The moment I upgraded to 6.2 is when I can no longer boot OFW or CFW.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Not sure what else I can provide. If someone wants to know the 6.2 Firmware file I used to upgrade? It was supplied from a pretty reputable source. Seems to me that's the variable since I was able to boot RajNX and ReiNX on 5.1. The moment I upgraded to 6.2 is when I can no longer boot OFW or CFW.

I guess it COULD be the SD card since I have yet to test another, but I still cant boot OFW from my NAND, unless that was corrupted but hekate verified. Only other thing is...I am 90% sure it was FW 4~ when I made the NAND hekate states I have 5 burnt fuses. What if it was 3.0FW NAND and thats why I cant boot into OFW now because fuse count to high?

PrEtZaL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I assume you also flashed the boot0 and boot1 files as part of your nand restore since they are fw specific, if not you'll need to rebuild them using choidujour, etcher and memloader.

You could also have a corrupted fs, in which case you may need to format the system and User partitions using guiformat with a 16k cluster ensuring you format them using hacdismount by mounting the partitions using the correct keys.

Did you restore a nand or rebuild, restoring would mean it's likely the boot0/1 files. If you rebuilt could be boot files or corrupted fs.

Although if you've disabled autoRCM then it won't be the boot files. It'll be data on the system partition not compatible with the firmware ( delete all but 80000...20 in the system partition save folder, which will do a system initialise) or it's a corrupted fs.

Or you've used the wrong BISKEYS in the rebuild or used someone else's nand backup.....

Last edited by PrEtZaL,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.