Homebrew Updated to 5.5.2 - am I screwed?

Lallo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Me and my friends often play Super Smash Bros Wii U together on my Wii u.
I never use it otherwise and I was not aware of any update.
However it started while I was away and the console was on and lazy as I am I hadn't installed Hacxhi (or what it's called) or any block of updates.
In the last minute I tried to unplug the power but the damage was already done.

Now I cant start CFW or the original Smash Bros Game.
Shouldn't I be able to play without Mocha if it's not a DLC ? It says that it's the wrong region version or something...

Anyway, am I screwed now? What can I do?

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you can't use the browser to start Mocha or anything else anymore, you might as well complete the installation of the update.

TheTechGenius

</Web Dev>
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now I cant start CFW or the original Smash Bros Game.
Shouldn't I be able to play without Mocha if it's not a DLC ? It says that it's the wrong region version or something...

Anyway, am I screwed now? What can I do?

I am assuming that the Smash Bros game you have installed is from a different region then your WiiU.

So no, you cannot play different Region games without CFW. You should of installed the game from your Region.

Lallo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am assuming that the Smash Bros game you have installed is from a different region then your WiiU.

So no, you cannot play different Region games without CFW. You should of installed the game from your Region.

I will do this!
Unfortunately this means I cannot play any DLC content but it's good enough!

Lallo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How do I download games on a PC?
I used the funky python method on Mac before but the site with the title keys and tickets seems to be not working any more.
Any tutorial?

dojafoja

life elevated
Trophies
XP
Country
How do I download games on a PC?
I used the funky python method on Mac before but the site with the title keys and tickets seems to be not working any more.
Any tutorial?
FunkiiU and Funkii-UI are both working just fine. I tested it right before I posted this to check. You are probably using an outdated version because the *Title Key Site* changed it's domain and the apps that utilized it were updated to use the new URL. If you aren't aware of this new URL it's a lot like the old one except http: instead of https: and it ends with .gq instead of .com

Edit: You do know that since you are now on 5.5.2 and you don't have an entrypoint to run WupInstaller, you won't be able to install anything you download right?

Last edited by dojafoja,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you cannot use the browser to load homebrew anymore, then all you can do is download Crunchyroll from the eShop and wait for a new primary exploit. Can you load the homebrew launcher through the browser?

Did you by any chance backup your seeprom before you updated?

Reactions: tech3475

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
If you cannot use the browser to load homebrew anymore, then all you can do is download Crunchyroll from the eShop and wait for a new primary exploit. Can you load the homebrew launcher through the browser?

Did you by any chance backup your seeprom before you updated?

In addition, block updates.

Reactions: Lacius

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night