Hacking Question Updated to 5.1 and connected to WiFi, will I be banned?

azxc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i had a switch on 4.1 with SXOS booted, played a few backups, always left it offline as i figured that i could just reflash the old nand and go online when/if i ever needed to. However, over the weekend some children got a hold of my switch and instead of skipping the update dialog that shows up when starting a game they updated it to 5.1 and connected to wifi which means i loose all hope of ever getting a coldboot method for one...and the logs have probably been sent to Nintendo

Do i have to worry about a ban? I can't even flash old nand now because the efuses are burnt, that was my original clean log "reset". I really don't care about online play but i wanted to preserve that option in case i did and keep a low FW to keep my options open for coldboot etc.

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
If you have to ask, then yes, you are banned.
(Because there are definitely not hundreds of threads asking the same).

But really. You are might get banned. We don't know. We can't know.

Last edited by Kubas_inko,
Reactions: azxc

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is why Nintendo will not allow passcodes on the Switch.

But OP, how did these kids connect to WiFi? My kids don’thave a clue what my WiFi password is and one is 16. All requests for access come through me.

Reactions: yusuo

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'd say you're most likely flagged. Maybe you wont be banned now but when the next big banwave comes...Who knows, no use speculating. All we can do is wait and see

trigao

Ninten
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'd say you're most likely flagged. Maybe you wont be banned now but when the next big banwave comes...Who knows, no use speculating. All we can do is wait and see
we all are flagged.... but i think whats triggers the ban is how no sense you can be
i mean... play pirated games online
play games before the official launch
use layredfs to "inject" games in another game in order to play it

if you just play your games xci or nsp in airplane mode, use a homebrew or two... you may never get banned

the next ban wave i think will be in pokemon/smash launch

be a pirate, but a smart pirate

Reactions: thorasgar

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
we all are flagged.... but i think whats triggers the ban is how no sense you can be
i mean... play pirated games online
play games before the official launch
use layredfs to "inject" games in another game in order to play it

if you just play your games xci or nsp in airplane mode, use a homebrew or two... you may never get banned

the next ban wave i think will be in pokemon/smash launch

be a pirate, but a smart pirate

As long as you are flagged you will get banned. Right now, now one knows what triggers the flags/bans. Playing pirated games online is an instant level 1 ban, using FreeshopNX is an instant level 3 ban, playing games online before official launch might not get you instantly banned. Bottom line is, if you go online while running any kind of CFW or even homebrew, Nintendo will know and ban you accordingly. Oh and having cleared logs, that is also a cause for flag/ban

trigao

Ninten
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
As long as you are flagged you will get banned. Right now, now one knows what triggers the flags/bans. Playing pirated games online is an instant level 1 ban, using FreeshopNX is an instant level 3 ban, playing games online before official launch might not get you instantly banned. Bottom line is, if you go online while running any kind of CFW or even homebrew, Nintendo will know and ban you accordingly. Oh and having cleared logs, that is also a cause for flag/ban
i know, but what im saying is, there are some peoples using sxos since launch and still not banned... i agree with you, if you are flagged, you will be banned soon or later but still

Ashura66

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i know, but what im saying is, there are some peoples using sxos since launch and still not banned... i agree with you, if you are flagged, you will be banned soon or later but still

That's because .XCI games work a little bit differently than .NSP ones since .XCI ones are cart dumps and SXOS tricks the system into thinking a cart is inserted onto the system, hence why the flag/ban chances are lower

Reactions: trigao

Canna

Bad Ass Poisonous Mushroom
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like with every other fking thread ....

If you go online with homebrew/hacks/cfw or by tampering with your unit..
Then there is a possibility of a ban, you mess with your console knowing you may get banned if you dont like that then leave it the fck alone, if you wanna take the risk then your find out..

Soon as you link online with anything that isnt stock your possible for a flag for ban.This includes the logs and rubbish that everyone is talking about . if its never been online at all. and you restore back to your virgin nand a risk of ban is very slim i cant see how they would detect something that is clean and never logged online.

end of

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: