Hacking Updated to 3.4U, installed HBC 1.01, cannot install WADs

just4747

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just did the newest Twilight Hack (twilight-hack-v0.1-beta2) on a friend's fresh and unmodded Wii. Updated his menu to 3.4U first. The Twilight Hack installed the newest HBC (the_homebrew_channel-1.0.1) just fine, no issues.

The issue I do have though is installing any WADs. I was trying to install some VC games and a few HBC apps using the WADManger (which is only usable at all due to me using an SD card that already had the WADManager app on it), and everytime I get to the choose WAD to install screen, I try to install using the + button and it says "Error! (ret = -2011)". No Custom IOSs installed or anything like that other than what I mentioned. I can't find much on this specifically-numbered error, so can anyone help me? Thanks.

just4747

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the thing is, my Wii has 3.4U and the same stuff on it, and no problems with it so I wanna try to figure out why my friend's isn't working.

Valgreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you will need ios 16. 3.4 or 3.3v2 will not allow you to install wads. see the oct 23rd fix stickied, specifically the section Wii Fix. i believe this is the issue you are having. and also go down to 3.2 there is no reason what so ever to stay on 3.4

just4747

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, but how can I install the cIOS WAD if it is giving me that error every time I try to install any other WADs?

Valgreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
it will install, trust me, and it is not a cios wad, it is an official nintendo ios. read the guide by running pirate, try it out and then report if there is any issues...also you will have to google/torrent the ios 16 wad...

this is the name of the wad you want "IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad".

just4747

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome guys, thanks for the quick replies. Will try out when I go there again and will report back.
But where do I get things like "cIOS_Fix.wad" and "Install Shop IOS51"? Are those also things I have to find on my own? The tutorial is weird in that it tells you the steps in order but not what files you need ahead of time...kinda odd..

rc11982

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you email the creator of the link I posted he will email them to you reahter quickly... he did it for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: