Hacking Updated to 11.4 by mistake, downgraded back to 11.2 with NAND backup, now having issues

dj505

Inexperienced Romhacker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry if this thread doesn't belong here, but it makes the most sense to me seeing as it could be partially related to my Luma install. If not, please move this thread!

Basically, I updated to 11.4 by mistake, so I downgraded back to 11.2 with my previous NAND backup. While I was on 11.4, I did try a couple games, and they worked fine. Until I downgraded.
After downgrading, the games I tried on 11.4 no longer work, but no other games have the issue. Also, the wifi connection speed has slowed down to an absolute crawl. Installing 2mb homebrew games from FBI's QR menu takes over half an hour, and full games from the eShop takes days. Any idea what's up?

Last edited by dj505,

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
So you upgraded from 11.2 to 11.4 on CFW? What is the exact issue with the games? The internet connection is solely im sure down to your broadband, plus the 3DS has a slow processor for downloading things.

dj505

Inexperienced Romhacker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
So you upgraded from 11.2 to 11.4 on CFW? What is the exact issue with the games? The internet connection is solely im sure down to your broadband, plus the 3DS has a slow processor for downloading things.
You know what happens then you start BootNTR, exit the first game, load a second one and it gets stuck on the infinite Nintendo 3DS logo screen? That's what happens each time I launch those games. Also, I don't think it's my internet connection, since my other N3DS and my O3DS both download much, much faster.

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
You know what happens then you start BootNTR, exit the first game, load a second one and it gets stuck on the infinite Nintendo 3DS logo screen? That's what happens each time I launch those games. Also, I don't think it's my internet connection, since my other N3DS and my O3DS both download much, much faster.

That appears to be a issue with the seed I think, try entering eShop, repairing the download for said games and see if it makes a difference or you may try manually importing the seeds with FBI.

Where did you download said game from, a random .cia or freeShop etc?

Last edited by proflayton123,

dj505

Inexperienced Romhacker
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
That appears to be a issue with the seed I think, try entering eShop, repairing the download for said games and see if it makes a difference or you may try manually importing the seeds with FBI.
How do I do it with FBI? ctr-httpwn isn't working at the moment and I can't access the eShop on 11.2

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
How do I do it with FBI? ctr-httpwn isn't working at the moment and I can't access the eShop on 11.2

Most of the times the infinite loading screen means 2 things: uses 9.6 encryption, or as the others said above, it's out of region.

If the app/game you want to install is not released in your region, coverting the .3ds to .cia makes it region free, iirc.
Otherwise, if it uses 9.6 encryption, you'll need to cryptofix the .cia. You can search for "cia cryptofix", and it should explain how to do it.

SkillingCat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey I got the same problem as you after getting my n3ds back from 11.2 to 11.1 after NAND restoring to recover from a brick, the workaround for this is to redownload the games indeed, but if you don't wanna lose your saves you can go to system parameters and archive the save of the broken game, then redownload it and restore your save. It worked for me with all of my broken games.

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
For the seed you only have to visit the game's eShop page, you don't have to redownload it.
That way you can keep your saves

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
For the seed you only have to visit the game's eShop page, you don't have to redownload it.
That way you can keep your saves

Can you not do it with FBI import seeds? For example. say a person has a N3DS that is region changed i.e native JP console converted to US, Eshop will not work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou