Updated to 11.0.0-33U by mistake!!!!

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by WiiHoney, Sep 20, 2016.

1. WiiHoney
    OP

WiiHoney GBAtemp Regular

Mar 22, 2010
    United States
    I was on sysNAND 9.2 and my emuNAND was on GW11.0.0-33. after i installed a new microSD card with adapter to my sd Card, i decided to back up my emuNAND. I used Decrypt9 to backup my emuNAND [emuNAND Backup/Restore] and then i used decrypt9 to restore the same NAND file to my sysNAND [sysNAND Backup/Restore], I assume that it will keep my A9LH !.

NO, big mistake. it updated my sysNAND to ver 11.0.0-33U. I tried all combination in config-boot file from bootctr9 but nothing worked.

Cant load hourglass9, Luma3ds or Gateway. It boot directly into ver 11.0.0-33U.

Any hope for me or do i have to wait in line?

2. Clector

Clector GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 15, 2016
    Bangladesh
    Not here
    I guess the only you can do is use Hardmod or DSiWareHaxx in your console to can restore an older ackup if you have one and if no you need to downgrade it.

Last edited by Clector, Sep 20, 2016
  3. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Take a number and wait in line if you don't have another 3DS with custom firmware or a hardmod.

Last edited by KunoichiZ, Sep 20, 2016
  4. WiiHoney
    OP

WiiHoney GBAtemp Regular

Mar 22, 2010
    United States
    I know i should of used hourglass9 to restore my sysNAND but i thought Decrypt9 would do the same by keeping A9LH but i was wrong.

5. xppancho

xppancho Member

Newcomer
    Jan 8, 2015
    Cote d'Ivoire
    i restored (and cloned) my emunand to sysnand and keep a9lh with decrypt9. I think you version are outdated

6. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    That's why Hourglass9 was created :-p You can choose to keep a9lh but you have to actually pick that option. @d0k3 it would be neat to have the "keep a9lh" option first in the menu. I nearly made the same mistake (except my backup had a9lh) and was saved by the big red warning message about having chosen the not-keeping-a9lh option before having to put in the series of key presses to confirm (great idea BTW)!

7. Memoir

Memoir A Hero to Zero

GBAtemp Patron
    Memoir is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    Wyoming
    If you have a backup of your 9.2 sysnand, just hardmod.

8. WiiHoney
    OP

WiiHoney GBAtemp Regular

Mar 22, 2010
    United States
    I still have backups since 4.5.
    about hardmod, i need to weight my options. cost of modding + shipping vs selling my unit and picking another one

9. Viri

Viri GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    RIP

10. astronautlevel

astronautlevel The Young Descendent of Tepes

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    That Nightly Site™
    Modding will probably be cheaper and comes with additional benefits, so I'd go with that.

WiiHoney likes this.
  11. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ Spooky cute.

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    I seriously suggest shipping it out. If's worth it over waiting for another homebrew downgrade to happen.
    I also suggest ditching the Brickwait and going with A9LH+proper free CFW+sysNAND.
    Seriously, benefits? Up to date hacks since you won't be waiting months for Brickwait to update, proper FIRM0/1 protection, ditch that emuNAND and gain back that SD space, and so much more!

GilgameshArcher likes this.
  12. GilgameshArcher

GilgameshArcher GBAtemp Fan

Jul 1, 2012
    Brazil
    São Paulo
    And that only shows us a thing, A9LH + SysNAND + CFW with FIRM protection is far superior for common users.

I also updated my Sys, but that was no mistake!
    Luma rules!

13. swabbo

swabbo Wot u doin readin dis m8?

Mar 9, 2011
    East Yorkshire/ A Bin
    You're buggered mate :lol: