Hacking Updated to 10.2 with the fat32 instead

AgentJJJJ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using SX OS, and my dumbhead updated 10.20 with FAT32 instead of exfat. Obviously it won't boot.

Grab another SD card, formatted it to FAT32, and copy essential stuffs from the exfat card to the FAT32, and boot then update the firmware to 10.2 with exfat.

Now, this is the part I don't get, I put back my original exfat card, I can see the sx os menu, but it just won't boot past the Nintendo logo.

Okay, I take the FAT32 and format it to exfat, and dump the essential files back, and I am able to get them without an issue..

Does the firmware update follows the SD card ?!

I have the Emutendo on the new exfat card, but in the SXOS boot menu, I don't see the Emunand enable toggle on the top, why is that? Is it a new Emunand now?

I don't mind using the new exfat card, but just I don't have any of my old save or settings from before :(

Thanks!

AgentJJJJ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On my orinigla exfat, I can boot in with emunand disabled...
It looks like when I was booting from fat32, I was actually in my sysnand, because I just checked my sysnand and it's been updated to 10.2..

How is it even possible for me to boot into sysnand and I am able to go under album to do the firmware update..

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On my orinigla exfat, I can boot in with emunand disabled...
It looks like when I was booting from fat32, I was actually in my sysnand, because I just checked my sysnand and it's been updated to 10.2..

How is it even possible for me to boot into sysnand and I am able to go under album to do the firmware update..
Im pretty sure you can just update again, wait for confirmation through.

AgentJJJJ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was the emunand SD base or hidden partition?
That's what I am trying to find out now...

I have a folder that's called - Emutendo
But on my SD card, I have 29GB unallocated partition, I am assuming that's my emunand since when I copied the folder to the new SD card it didn't do anything..

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what I am trying to find out now...

I have a folder that's called - Emutendo
But on my SD card, I have 29GB unallocated partition, I am assuming that's my emunand since when I copied the folder to the new SD card it didn't do anything..

That is hidden partition, sound like you took the FAT32 driver when you updated, that why the exFAT card won't boot is that your case?

Last edited by Hayato213,

AgentJJJJ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is hidden partition, sound like you took the FAT32 driver when you updated, that why the exFAT card won't boot is that your case?
I did, I've been trying to fix it ever since, but I think I made it worse, because I forgot about the hidden partition.
Basically, I took another SD, and did the update, and that updated the sysnand to 10.20 that explains why I can't boot with my emunand because it is still on fat32 driver.

To fix it, do I format the exfat partition into fat32, then update the emunand firmware to exfat driver, then format my fat32 partition into exfat, then I should be good?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No since the partition is hidden, it is treated as your emunand's NAND file, like the physical NAND storage inside your switch, currently it is on FAT32 only, your exFAT card won't work, I'm not sure if it would work if you format the rest of the SD card as exFAT.

deSSy2724

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Last edited by deSSy2724,

AgentJJJJ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, I am pretty sure mine is hidden partition, 29.11GB Because I copied all the files from my original SD to a new one, and I don't see the emunand option at all.

I see your solution but you ended up in fat32, I still want to be on exfat

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

No since the partition is hidden, it is treated as your emunand's NAND file, like the physical NAND storage inside your switch, currently it is on FAT32 only, your exFAT card won't work, I'm not sure if it would work if you format the rest of the SD card as exFAT.

I meant to say that if I make the exfat partition into fat32, and copy the files to fat32, I should be able to boot into my emunand and I can update the firmware to exfat right...

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, I am pretty sure mine is hidden partition, 29.11GB Because I copied all the files from my original SD to a new one, and I don't see the emunand option at all.

I see your solution but you ended up in fat32, I still want to be on exfat

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I meant to say that if I make the exfat partition into fat32, and copy the files to fat32, I should be able to boot into my emunand and I can update the firmware to exfat right...

Don't think so, as the hidden partition is outside of the content on the SD card, it is like on a regular switch where you have the card as exFAT but the system only have FAT32 driver, but in your case the hidden partition SD card driver format is FAT32 even though your card is exFAT, because you if wipe the active exFAT partition it just be come unallocated, but once you formatted it on windows you lose your file+ hidden partition.

What you could try and do is going from hidden to file format using the link dessy2724 linked above and then copy the file off to a computer, then format the card and reverse back to hidden.

AgentJJJJ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't think so, as the hidden partition is outside of the content on the SD card, it is like on a regular switch where you have the card as exFAT but the system only have FAT32 driver, but in your case the hidden partition SD card driver format is FAT32 even though your card is exFAT, because you if wipe the active exFAT partition it just be come unallocated, but once you formatted it on windows you lose your file+ hidden partition.

What you could try and do is going from hidden to file format using the link dessy2724 linked above and then copy the file off to a computer, then format the card and reverse back to hidden.

I see! That makes sense. I will dessy2724's way! Thanks, I will report back on what happened.

AgentJJJJ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks! I am back and running!

1. Use EmuTool to extract the hidden partition out to be files.
2. Format SD card to FAT32, and boot in to update emuNAND to exfat driver.
3. Extract the emunand out to file, then format SD to exfat, then follow dessy's solution to create that hidden partition.
4. Use EmuTool to restore the hidden partition, and life is good.

Thanks so much for helping out Haytao213 and dessy!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a picteof not updating just tell them don't update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...