Hacking Question Updated Switch to 9.0.1 and I'm now unable to play games on older sd cards

ady199

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Guys,

I've just updated my Switch to 9.0.1 and I'm using SX OS 2.9.1

I'm just going through all my sd cards (I have 7 in total) and updating the SX OS version to 2.9.1 but I've found an issue, the older cards in my set are now displaying a message of:-

'Could not start the software - Please try again from the HOME menu'

I've tested all my cards and the first 3 cards are displaying the message. The other 4 are working fine (All games on the SD Cards are nsp and were installed with various version of goldleaf/tinfoil)

Can anyone help and advise on how I can get them working again

Thanks in advance

Last edited by ady199,

El_Shabo

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi friend, I hope not coming too late, I had the same problem, just copy and paste the sigpatches on my sd and that solved it, i cant post the url because im a new member but i hope that help you
Edit:
Im sorry i didnt read that you are on sxos, im using atmosphere, the people say that sxos has problems in 9.0.0 maybe you should try atmosphere, or search for something similar to the sigpatches on atmosphere but in sxos
P.D. Sorry for my bad english

Last edited by El_Shabo,

fredinator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I downloaded the sigpatches from this thread
gbatemp.net/threads/i-heard-that-you-guys-need-some-sweet-patches-for-atmosphere.521164/
Still not working. I'm using atmosphere

Edit: Ok I think I misread this. My problem is that original gamecards don't work anymore. I've read now that this has been disabled for FW 9.0.0 for reasons I don't understand

Last edited by fredinator,

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
When you update to FW9.0.0, that update will also burn some fuses related to reading carts if you want to use real carts.
If you then want to go back to a lower firmware, you won't be able to play any of real carts anymore because the fuse count is too high.
To prevent this, Atmosphere disabled reading from carts on FW9.0.0.
If you don't plan on getting back to a lower firmware, then you can change the setting as
described in this post :
https://gbatemp.net/threads/updated-to-9-0-0-with-cfw-but-now-i-cant-play-my-carts.548073/
"Please note: 9.0.0 updated the switch's gamecart controller ("lotus") firmware.
  • To prevent the burning of lotus fuses, Atmosphere now applies nogc patches when booting into 9.0.0 with fuses below 9.0.0.
  • If you wish to play gamecarts on 9.0.0 (but forever prevent yourself from playing them on < 9.0.0), set nogc = 0 in BCT.ini."
You can try and change the BCT.ini but please note that you will not be able to play game carts on < 9.0.0 if you downgrade.

Link - https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/releases

Reactions: fredinator

fredinator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
When you update to FW9.0.0, that update will also burn some fuses related to reading carts if you want to use real carts.
If you then want to go back to a lower firmware, you won't be able to play any of real carts anymore because the fuse count is too high.
To prevent this, Atmosphere disabled reading from carts on FW9.0.0.
If you don't plan on getting back to a lower firmware, then you can change the setting as
described in this post :
https://gbatemp.net/threads/updated-to-9-0-0-with-cfw-but-now-i-cant-play-my-carts.548073/
"Please note: 9.0.0 updated the switch's gamecart controller ("lotus") firmware.
  • To prevent the burning of lotus fuses, Atmosphere now applies nogc patches when booting into 9.0.0 with fuses below 9.0.0.
  • If you wish to play gamecarts on 9.0.0 (but forever prevent yourself from playing them on < 9.0.0), set nogc = 0 in BCT.ini."
You can try and change the BCT.ini but please note that you will not be able to play game carts on < 9.0.0 if you downgrade.

Link - https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/releases

Thank you for clarifying. So is there any reason to downgrade firmware if I only want to play games and 9.0.1 works fine for me?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)