Question Updated ReiNX manually, but I'm not sure if it worked (how to check current version?)

Discussion in 'Switch - Exploits, Custom Firmwares & Soft Mods' started by Ygritty, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Ygritty
    OP

Ygritty Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2019
    Antarctica
    Hi!

I updated manually ReiNX from 2.0 to 2.3 . I followed the post-installation guide on the official site and I did delete all necessary files and folders before uploading new ones into my SD-Card. Also I updated the payload in my payload-loader. The weird thing is, when I check the version in the "About" section of the "ReiNX Toolkit" it shows "Version 1.4". Did I do something wrong? Do I need to update the Switch Firmware to see the effects (I'm still on 6.2.0)? Am I checking the version the wrong way?

I hope it's not a stupid question, couldn't find any answers by my own research.

PS: When I restart my console ReiNX automatically reloads too instead of staying in RCM-Mode (I've got AutoRCM on). That didn't happen before. Is that a feature of the newer ReiNX?

2. eskinner3742

eskinner3742 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 21, 2016
    United States
    It should show you what ReiNX version you have under settings>system. The "version 1.4" is probably the toolkit version not the ReiNX version.

3. Ygritty
    OP

Ygritty Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 7, 2019
    Antarctica
    Aaah I see, there was my mistake, thank you :)

What's weird though, it shows Version 2.2. I just redwonloaded v2.3 and reupdated but it's still showing 2.2, is that normal?