Hacking Updated my Acekard to work on 1.4.2 but it doesn't load

SuperTrever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated my Acekard2i to work on the new DSi update but when I try loading up my Acekard I get that black screen error message. Help please..,

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
1st of all:

What is the icon of your acekard 2i (did it change after the update)?

What black screen error message are you referring by 'that?'

Did you use the correct updater? there's two - the DS phat/lite one and DSi/3DS one.

If it's bricked, you can just re-flash your ak 2i and try again.

It might be a contact issue.

SuperTrever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
s4mid4re said:
1st of all:

What is the icon of your acekard 2i (did it change after the update)?

What black screen error message are you referring by 'that?'

Did you use the correct updater? there's two - the DS phat/lite one and DSi/3DS one.

If it's bricked, you can just re-flash your ak 2i and try again.

It might be a contact issue.
Chessmaster
"An error has occurred. Press and hold the Power Button to turn the system off. Please see the Nintendo DSi Operation Manual for help troubleshooting."
Yes I used the DSi updater and updated it from my DSi.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
SuperTrever said:
*snip*

Chessmaster
"An error has occurred. Press and hold the Power Button to turn the system off. Please see the Nintendo DSi Operation Manual for help troubleshooting."
I'm assuming you updated from a 1.4.1 DSi and then updated your DSi to 1.4.2

So, did the icon of your acekard 2i change?

SuperTrever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
s4mid4re said:
SuperTrever said:
*snip*

Chessmaster
I'm assuming you updated from a 1.4.1 DSi and then updated your DSi to 1.4.2

So, did the icon of your acekard 2i change?
Yes. I updated my Acekard while my DSi was on 1.4.1 and then DSi to 1.4.2 when my Acekard was done updating. And yeah the icon changed.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
SuperTrever said:
And how do I go about reflashing my Acekard?
Use the updater of your acekard 2i. The updater gives you an option to swap carts before updating, which means you can load the updater on another cart, swap with the bricked acekard 2i and run the updater. It will unbrick your acekard 2i and will also update your acekard 2i.

You will need another working flashcart and a DS phat or DS lite. If your other flashcart works on the DSi or 3DS, you can also use it to run the updater.

EDIT:
QUOTE(SuperTrever @ Jun 9 2011, 05:37 PM) *snip*

Yes. I updated my Acekard while my DSi was on 1.4.1 and then DSi to 1.4.2 when my Acekard was done updating. And yeah the icon changed.
Then I don't see the problem here. maybe you should format with the panasonic SD formatter and put a new AKAIO 1.8.7 in. Does it work on any other system?

SuperTrever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
s4mid4re said:
SuperTrever said:
Use the updater of your acekard 2i. The updater gives you an option to swap carts before updating, which means you can load the updater on another cart, swap with the bricked acekard 2i and run the updater. It will unbrick your acekard 2i and will also update your acekard 2i.

You will need another working flashcart and a DS phat or DS lite. If your other flashcart works on the DSi or 3DS, you can also use it to run the updater.
Oh... Well I don't have an other Acekard.

SuperTrever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I'll try formatting the SD card then. I would test it on my 3DS but I'm paranoid about losing online stuff. Other than that I have no other systems to try it on.

iceissocold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know much about Acekard but I thought I read somewhere certain Acekard carts required the DSi/3DS to be completely powered off and then powered on after updating the flash cart.

Not sure if any of this info is relative to the actual problem but worth a shot I'd say.
tongue.gif

SuperTrever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iceissocold said:
I don't know much about Acekard but I thought I read somewhere certain Acekard carts required the DSi/3DS to be completely powered off and then powered on after updating the flash cart.

Not sure if any of this info is relative to the actual problem but worth a shot I'd say.
tongue.gif
What is completely powered off though? Cause I've tried powering off then on and it still doesn't work.

SuperTrever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
s4mid4re said:
SuperTrever said:

EDIT:
QUOTE(SuperTrever @ Jun 9 2011, 05:37 PM) *snip*

Then I don't see the problem here. maybe you should format with the panasonic SD formatter and put a new AKAIO 1.8.7 in. Does it work on any other system?
I tried formatting it today and I still get the error...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Date sticks