[UPDATED] Malaysia blocks Steam entirely to stop FIGHT OF GODS

header.jpg

Released on Steam Early Access this week, Fight of Gods is a fighting game that features deities like Moses, Jesus, Zeus, Buddha and even Anubis!

If you thought it couldn't get even more intense, then you were wrong! The Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission have called for a ban on the game and asked for it to be disabled within 24 hours or face further actions. And then Steam was entirely banned.

In a press release, PQube, the game's publisher, noted that "we never received any communications from Malaysian officials here at PQube, however reports seem to indicate that Malaysia has now blocked access to all of Steam in order to prevent access to Fight of Gods."

Talking to The Star about their actions, the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission had the following to say: "Malaysians respect all cultural and religious sensitivities, and the sale and distribution of the religiously insensitive and blasphemous games must be stopped immediately."

Below is a short statement on the matter from Digital Crafter and PQube:

Fight of Gods is a video game that takes a humorous approach to religion in the same way that other entertainment formats have – across television, film, books and theatre.

The game is not promoting any religious agenda and is not designed to offend. The description of the game on the digital platforms through which it is distributed provide clear guidance on the nature of the game and its content so that people can freely choose whether or not to play it. We fully respect the choice of those who would not wish to play it.

We are disappointed that such freedom of choice is not given to everyone and in particular that the game has been forcibly removed from sale in Malaysia, although no direct communication has been received by us as to the reasons for this. Nevertheless we respect any rules and censorship imposed in any given territory.

We have reached out to Steam and are working with them to resolve the situation as soon as possible.

Kotaku reached out to Valve and they replied with the following statement:

Right now players in Malaysia can access the games they own on Steam, but the Steam Store is being blocked by some local telcos in Malaysia. From reports we are reading, this is due to a single game that conflicts with local laws. We have contacted the developer, removed the game, and are attempting to make contact with the officials in Malaysia to remove the block. We apologize for any inconvenience.

So what do you think of this ban? Somewhat reminiscent of the Russian Pokémon GO player who was recently jailed for playing the game in a church, no?

UPDATE:

It seems like Steam has been unblocked in Malaysia while Fight of Gods has been removed from the digital game distribution platform in the country.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

Last edited by Prans,

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I find it very amusing how hypocritical it would be for people thinking this is silly, but then if Jesus had been included they'd all flip their shit.

aykay55

Professional Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
“Kill them [unbelievers] wherever you find them… And fight them until there is no more unbelief and worship is for Allah alone” (Quran 2:191-193).

“The Messenger of Allah said: I have been commanded to fight against people till they testify that there is no god but Allah, and that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah” (Sahih Muslim 1:33).
Let me remind you these verses you're showing me were in the context of a war in place with a 'goverment' with no free religion, and everyone wanted to kill and abuse Muslims. The non-Muslims were trying to kill Muhammad to save their economy. (Mecca was the economic center of the Middle East by selling idols that people worship. In other words, big business. Islam was threatening the city's source of money, when clearly Hajj would bring many pilgrims with lots of money to spend.)

aykay55

Professional Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure what you expect the mods to do? There is nothing heavy hitting within this post, Anyway by saying things like just makes it worse.
Imagine a country that you lived in and, every time you said something that offended somebody they sew you mouth closed, is that somewhere you would want to live ?
you are essentially opposing and trying to block our freedom of expression and speech by playing the victim and calling the race card.

My point is with actions and words like that you are paving the way forward for a society free from free speech. It's Like killing free speech with free speech, total double standards, Is that really what you want to achieve ?

Things like this and the G.W.B vid you posted, IMHO are emotional triggers that you should try to have more control over. You don't want them Stones to get bigger now do you?

You seem like a sound guy albiet still young, you have plenty of time to develop yourself knowledge is power. I totally respect your path, as would most others who might make your acquaintance, don't lose that respect by showing your emotion ;)
At one time I was considering converting to Islam, there are many great practises that Muslims incorporate into their religion, you posted a video here about one being connected to the earth which I enjoyed btw and do believe in, however you could have posted a video with the same subject matter but from a non Muslim angle and the result is the same, as it can benefit all humans. Did you know that Buddhists also pray like that, they also prey 5 times a day in a very similar fashion if not exact as salat.
I also personally prefer to eat Halal meat for reasons I wont go into here but I'm sure you understand why.

Anyway making fun of someones beliefs is wrong and trust me I know it hurts. The path you have chosen is deep rooted within your heart and yes it might hurt when people poke fun at it, but you don't have to react, they are not poking fun at you personally.
As you couldn't care less about American Art/Music, why do you care when those industries express their oppose to your belief?
An Artist cannot force you to like their painting.
And you don't have to prove nothing to no one except your god.
It's your path, you walk it, and walk it alone and proudly without malice. Let them throw stones if they wish but don't you help them turn those stones to rocks.
And G.W.Bush is enough to make people want to throw boulders at you lol (just kidding bro)
Haterz gonna Hate innit ;)
Anyway Peace bro my bed time is long over due lol
I'm not talking about the game. I'm talking about the people here on GBATemp. I'm not playing the victim or calling you guys bullies. Also, if Islam were the only religion to impress the eating of only Halal meat and prayer, with no existing research at the time, isn't it something divine. Buddhism is based off of Islam in many aspects. Some sources even say the Buddha was Muslim before his realization. And the 'earthing' doesn't occur simply by laying your head on the floor, It occurs only if you do the moves in prayer before the laying of the head. But I understand what you're saying about how you are alone on the path you follow, and the rocks wil be thrown. Haters gonna hate. I just wish everyone would follow the simple rule:

I follow my religion, you follow yours.

Why is there so much hate targeted at Muslims when the supposedly Christian group KKK was killing Black Americans as much as ISIS has been killing Americans. Everyone thinks of 9/11, nobody thinks of Birmingham.

Hi-Dro

Trophies
XP
Country
Buddhism is based off of Islam in many aspects. Some sources even say the Buddha was Muslim before his realization.
I would have to disagree with you there as Buddhism is recorded at least, a good 4/5 Centuries before Islam was.

And the 'earthing' doesn't occur simply by laying your head on the floor, It occurs only if you do the moves in prayer before the laying of the head.
Before and around the time Muhammad Popularised Islam, Many Religions would prey in this way, including various pagan religions practising at the Kabba (at the same time), from various Bedouin tribes of the surrounding areas from Arabia . It's also said that in Islams infancy Muslims would prey towards Jerusalem as this was considered along with the Christians and Jews, the holy land. It was only once Muhammed was exiled from Mecca that the direction of prayer was changed by him towards mecca.

I would also add that traditionally, Humans did not wear shoes and were connected to the earths balance naturally through the souls of your feet (hence the name Sole (connected to earth through your sole))

I just wish everyone would follow the simple rule: I follow my religion, you follow yours.

Simple !?!?! Well I guess that's down to the Scholars and what they teach.
What does your religion teach ?
What do your scholars teach ?
Do they tech the same things?
Does your religion require you to speak out against and oppose other religions and ideas ? or to accept them?
Sadly for you (and me in many cases) some people are scientists etc and they are encouraged to speak out against and disprove things that you or I might believe in.
Silence is always and option though.

Why is there so much hate targeted at Muslims when the supposedly Christian group KKK was killing Black Americans as much as ISIS has been killing Americans. Everyone thinks of 9/11, nobody thinks of Birmingham.

I assume you are not speaking of Birmingham UK because us Brits still have a pretty nasty taste in our mouths from Birmingham this year.

However I'm glad you said supposedly Christian, because obviously ISIS are supposedly Islamic.
And the Templars (supposedly Christian too) crusaded for Wealth and Riches for Kings and queens and Church who were them selves put to death by Catholic Kings and Priests and Inquisitors.
Who is to blame for this? God/Religion or those Scholars teaching it?

Anyway I would hope we can both agree that there is nothing Holy or Religious about what these groups do/have done except perhaps their mis-guided teachings of religion and god.

This is why I mentioned in my previous posts, Religion/Ideology is personal to the individual it can be easily misinterpreted and manipulated upon you especially if you are not of sound mind.

From speaking to you I admire your passion to your religion and assume you are not a convert, however I would research (with an open mind) first of all everything you can about Islam and Muhammed, from a social/historical/scientific/Linguistic and geographical view point, rather than an Islamic view, But also learn about the other 2 Judaic religions and Pegan religions (in Detail) too, not only is it fascinating but it could help you to truly realise how much we all have in common as people culture religion and language and how small this world really is.
And if you are really lucky could even lead you to the answers of why we are even here.
Regardless it's well worth doing my friend.

Last edited by Hi-Dro,

aykay55

Professional Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was only once Muhammed was exiled from Mecca that the direction of prayer was changed by him towards mecca.
I beg to differ as Muhammad was told by God to pray towards the Kaba from Jerusalem one day. Also, Mecca is the exact center of the Earth's magnetic field. When you pray towards it, the electromagnetic waves get discharged from your brain toward the center.
Well I guess that's down to the Scholars and what they teach.
Every religion teaches peace. I haven't seen a single religion which, if followed correctly, does not have this rule in place.
I assume you are not speaking of Birmingham UK
I was talking about Birmingham, Alabama, USA. A member of the KKK had bombed a predominantly black church one Sunday morning, since a protest was being organized there to abolish slavery.

And yes, I was mistaken. Buddhism was made before Islam.

Last edited by aykay55,

Hi-Dro

Trophies
XP
Country
You certainly raise some good points.

I beg to differ as Muhammad was told by God to pray towards the Kaba from Jerusalem one day. Also, Mecca is the exact center of the Earth's magnetic field. When you pray towards it.

Yes right, Because Muhammed was exiled from Mecca and travelled to Jerusalem, it was during that time when god spoke to him and told him to prey towards Mecca, however before that time it was towards Jerusalem.

And ah yes the Magnetic lines you refer to, are called Ley Lines, And very interesting lines they are indeed. I'm not sure too much about the Kabba being the centre of the earths Ley Lines, But it would make perfect sense that it is built on one these ley lines meeting in Arabia. In the UK at the exact central point where the lay lines meet you will find Stonehenge which was built by the Pagens. And where the ley lines meet in other countries you will likely find many of the worlds important old Structures, So yes it's very likely the Kabba is built on these lines, but it is generally regarded that the centre of the worlds Ley Lines and in-fact the centre of the world is in Cairo.
"The Great Pyramid Of Giza" The oldest and the only Non Natural structure from the 'Seven Ancient Wonders of the world' that not only still stands to this day but is mostly in tact too. Very odd but Absolutely Amazing isn't it.
Coincidence ? I highly doubt it..

Every religion teaches peace. I haven't seen a single religion which, if followed correctly, does not have this rule in place.
I was talking about Birmingham, Alabama, USA. A member of the KKK had bombed a predominantly black church Sunday morning, since a protest was being organized there.

And yet I have not seen a single Religion that does not have Terrorists.
"if followed correctly" Being the subjective here.
Yes religion teaches peace through the word of God, but the words of men cannot.
So someone is either teaching the right things to the wrong people or the wrong things to the right people. ?? ?

I'm sure you are aware of what Islam means in Arabic ? It means "Submission to God" from the word Salam meaning "peace/safety". Arabic Language is much older than Islam as an Ideology. Therefore anyone who believes in God, whether Pagan, Christian or Jew (including the various Pagans/Jews etc... living around Mecca at that time), by very definition are in-fact Islamic.
Peaceful people who submit themselves to God perhaps? one can only hope.

It's sad that KKK and ISIS and all the others use religion as a weapon clearly they are looking for answers in all the wrong places.
Yes the information is there, we have the books and scriptures to aid us on our path, however we look to other people for the answers when we should really look within ourselves.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass