Updated from Pasta to Rxtools emunand and now my games are gone

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by glstar, Dec 16, 2015.

1. glstar
    OP

glstar Member

Newcomer
    Mar 20, 2004
    Burkina Faso
    Hi.
    I have a new 3ds xl 9.2 that i was using via pasta cfw.
    Now i just bought a new 128gb card to perform the update from pasta cfw in sysnand to rxtools in emunand.
    So i backup my old 64gb card i use with pasta and then i setup a new 128gb card formatted for emunand.
    Then i create the emunand (unlinked to sysnand), installed rxtools, menuhax and ctrbootmanager.
    All went fine and now i can start the new 3ds in emunand but i don't have my games anymore.....and of course i don't have them in my sysnand too since i have to format it to unlink the two nands...
    So i copy all the folders dbs,extdata,title i have in my old Nintendo 3DS\7b....................etc...... in the new Nintendo 3DS\8b...............etc..... in the new emunand microsd.
    But all i see when i start now the new 3ds (in emunand) are all the packages (you receive a new gift...), but they don't have name or icons.....
    This means that i have to reinstall all the games and i lost all my save data????
    There's a way to restore back all my sysnand installed cia's to this new emunand?

Last edited by glstar, Dec 16, 2015
  2. 54321

54321 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2011
    United States
    Last edited by 54321, Dec 16, 2015
  3. Bu2d85

Bu2d85 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

GBAtemp Patron
    Bu2d85 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 6, 2014
    United States
    You made a new emunand. The games on your old emunand will not show up unless you inject the old emunand into the new one.

4. Abcdfv

Abcdfv What comes around goes around.

Dec 24, 2013
    United States
    Yeah, use the emunand tool to extract your old emunand and inject it into the new sdcard.

5. wurstpistole

wurstpistole N3DS B9S

Nov 19, 2015
    Gambia, The
    He can not inject his old Emunand into the new Emunand, because he did not have an Emunand before.

What should work is injecting the sysnand backup into Emunand. Decrypt9 and probably also today's new tool Emunand9 can do that.

Or you take the long road and backup all your saves with savedatafiler and install all cia new into Emunand and restore the saves again.

Ammako likes this.
  6. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    Did you remove the SD card from the 3DS before formatting sysnand?

7. glstar
    OP

glstar Member

Newcomer
    Mar 20, 2004
    Burkina Faso
    Hi guys.
    Thank you for your help.
    I manage to fix this situation just by copy all the content from my old microsd Nintendo 3ds path to the new microsd in the correct path.
    First time i copied the data in the wrong numeric folder...that's all.
    So now all is ok but i have problems with Fbi...
    Since i already have Fbi in my sysnand i have now this in my emunand too, but when i go to install a cia i got error.
    Don't know if this is because i need to have Fbi installed via health procedure or because of the dbs fix....but i tried to replace my dbs folder with another one with the two files from the guide, but when i go to system, etc...it cannot say that i have wrong header and to repair, but that i have a bad sd card and that i need to format it.......

8. Ammako

Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Dec 22, 2009
    Canada
    What's the error in FBI?

9. glstar
    OP

glstar Member

Newcomer
    Mar 20, 2004
    Burkina Faso
    Ok.
    Now i just do the health and safety procedure and now fbi is working just fine.
    I also update the emunand to 9.5.
    So now i finish with it.
    :)
    Thank you for the help.