Hacking Updated from 3.2U to 4.3U, Homebrew Apps Now Freeze

GuyMonkey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pretty self-explanatory. I Twihacked my Wii ages ago, and recently decided that I'd update to 4.3, just because I felt like it. Reading around on Wiibrew and other sites told me that as long as I had HBC 1.0.8 installed, I'd be okay and everything would stay the same.

After updating, the HBC is still there, but almost all apps that I try to start freeze right after booting, either on the first screen or a black screen before that. My controller loses its sync and I can't get it to reconnect, and I end up having to do a hard reset. Even the few apps that I can get going will freeze pretty soon after starting. I've used HackMii to uninstall and reinstall HBC, and tried using BootMii as boot2. Neither fixed anything.

I've also been trying to reinstall IOS249 in hopes that it might fix something, but I can never finish the process. I hear a lot about "stubs" and "stubbed IOSs," but I have no idea what that means.

So, any ideas? Thanks guys.

Edit: I've also considered going out and renting Indiana Jones or Brawl to re-hack it, but I don't know if that would do anything, and even if it would, I'd like to avoid having to spend the money if possible.

GuyMonkey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think I might've fixed it out of sheer persistence. I figured I'd go back even farther and try to install IOS236, and I used my SD card for the WAD instead of network. That went off without a hitch, so then I moved on to 249, also with the SD. And now everything seems to be running fine, but at the same time it's only been about 15 minutes.

If it starts to act up again, I'll definitely look into Modmii. Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Had two cheeseburgers and a coke to fuel me up.