Hacking Updated Firmware Officially in CFW mode. Now stuck in Hekate loop

Sphinxx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi Guys, i usually dont ask questions that i can easily find fixes for and without doing my own research but im stumped on this one
I hadnt used the Switch for a while and it was on Firmware 7.0.1. I got it out to play Daemon X Machina and it worked well despite all sources
saying it required 8.0.1 Firmware. Anyway thats not the issue
I tried Zelda Links Awakening and it originally booted and then came up with a corrupted Data message. I checked and by all accounts this
one actually does need at least Firmware 8 to boot. I shld add it corrupted the entire SD card so that nothing worked and i had to reformat and re-setup
Without thinking and still in Atmosphere Firmware i updated the Firmware by official means. I have a second switch for online and dont care if this one gets banned. I usually update the console in OFW and have had no issues. Still, I realised i had stuffed up as i did it due to it being in Atmosphere FW but thought it would be worse to turn off the console mid update and to leave it and deal with the aftermath. When i checked the firmware under system settings it said 9.0
I should add that i updated to all the latest apps and CFW files before updating so they are all Firmware 9 compatible
When i tried the console after updating it boots fine into Hekate but then when i choose either OFW or CFW it tries to load them it gives a black screen and then a brief flicker on the right hand side of the screen and goes back to Hekate. No error messages only the Hekate menu again
I backed the NAND up previously on 7.0.1 so no knowing what else to do i reflashed that and i could get into OFW and CFW again and the older games were working as usual
From there i went to System setting and it said it needed an update so i updated the console with Official firmware but this time in OFW mode as per previous updates. This time is didnt show what firmware it was on in System Updates and gave the same error. It Boots to Hekate but then gives a black screen trying to load either FW and loops back to Hekate
I restored the NAND again and everything is working as usual but i am at a loss as to how to now update this console to play newer titles and why it wont boot into OFW or CFW mode from Hekate. When i check System FW it again says System Update ready but it still doesnt show what FW the console is on
Im not sure if im missing something simple here or whether ive stuffed up the console. My initial thought was that i had mismatched fuses but then have read that will only affect booting into OFW and has no bearing on CFW boots
I have a NAND backup of FW 7.0.1 on this console and the old keys
Thanks for any assistance and i can provide any additonal information required

Sphinxx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi many thanks for the reply
Ill have a look into it this evening and use the guide and hopefully can resolve the issue

Sphinxx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
You cannot use files for firmwares 6.2.0-8.1.0 as the ChoiDujour PC application does not support these versions. If you want to specifically upgrade/downgrade to one of these versions, you must first downgrade to any other firmware version and then upgrade to one of these versions using the ChoiDujourNX Switch application afterwards.
So essentially what this is saying is i need to downgrade to below 6.20 and then upgrade to 9.0

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Where's everybody?