Hacking Updated Firmware Black Screen NAND Issue

bulgarypanda

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated my firmware to 8.0.1 using ChoiDujourNX (which I've done before for 7). I did a NAND dump beforehand, updated firmware, and booted back into SXOS (v2.5.3). I can book back into SXOS, but it won't boot into either CFW or OFW - all I get is a black screen (backlit, though, so still power). Additionally, somehow my NAND backup includes boot0 and boot1 but the full NAND dump is missing somehow? So I can't restore the NAND from the sxos folder I have. Am I screwed?

Reactions: NoNAND

MrVtR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sxos is in 2.8.3 Beta now and that version have the suport to the new FWs,did u try update the files? And on ChoiDujuourNX did u use the ExFat option?(That I recommend to use)

bulgarypanda

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sxos is in 2.8.3 Beta now and that version have the suport to the new FWs,did u try update the files? And on ChoiDujuourNX did u use the ExFat option?(That I recommend to use)
I did use exfat. I'll try updating sxos to 2.8 and see if that works!

MrVtR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Possible ur sxos is too old,on every update,they have new supports,when a new FW is launched,the SXos Team update the files to suporte the new FW

bulgarypanda

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I updated to SXOS 2.8 and I can still get SXOS to load, but now I get black screen, no backlight when trying to load either CFW or OFW. I can get into the SXOS options and tinker so it's not bricked, but I can't get the FW to load either. Other ideas?

Paulsar99

Trophies
XP
Country
Togo
So I updated to SXOS 2.8 and I can still get SXOS to load, but now I get black screen, no backlight when trying to load either CFW or OFW. I can get into the SXOS options and tinker so it's not bricked, but I can't get the FW to load either. Other ideas?
Sounds like you lost your exfat update from choudujour. Format to fat32 and put everything back.

bulgarypanda

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like you lost your exfat update from choudujour. Format to fat32 and put everything back.
I formatted to FAT32 and replaced the boot and license etc, but still just getting a black screen when trying to load either firmware. I also tried a second SD card but no luck there either :(

Paulsar99

Trophies
XP
Country
Togo
I formatted to FAT32 and replaced the boot and license etc, but still just getting a black screen when trying to load either firmware. I also tried a second SD card but no luck there either :(
If it crashes when booting usually it means it can't read your card. What did you use to format your card to fat32?

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Is autoRCM enabled?
Try disabling autoRCM and booting normally in OFW

If that still doesn't resolve your issue you should rebuild your NAND

bulgarypanda

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it crashes when booting usually it means it can't read your card. What did you use to format your card to fat32?
I used my Mac's disk utility.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is autoRCM enabled?
Try disabling autoRCM and booting normally in OFW

If that still doesn't resolve your issue you should rebuild your NAND
Yeah, I uninstalled autorcm. How would I go about rebuilding my NAND given that I don't have a full backup saved?

Critichart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
It just happened to me right now and i don't know what to do, i'm desperate :( did you manage to solve it?

-Edit- so, i was able to get into the sx os menu, and went to options, then i deinstalled my auto rcm thing, it booted to the N switch logo but was stuck there for a while, then i pressed the power button and it randomly booted normally, i have no clue of what happened. I was able to boot into the OFW and checked the FW ver. and it updated apparently, BUT my switch seems not to be charging and that's weird... AND i can't acccess to CFW :( i was only able to get into the OFW and that's all :( i don't know what to do.

Last edited by Critichart,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/kTzpzBF.mp4