Hacking Updated emuNAND to 9.6 on Gateway - options to recover

VashTS

Beat it, son
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I thought I made a backup but I didn't -_- just backed up 4.2 sysnand and the original firmware it came with as NAND.BIN.

Is there anyway to recover all the files from the emuNAND? Like the saves/cias installed?

Or do I have to start from scratch? meaning format emunand and install all the cias again?

EDIT : I smartly DID make a back up of this 9.6 emuNAND so if something comes along I can restore it.

Angely

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It depends whether you backuped your SD folder i guess . So the Nintendo 3DS folder that's on your SD when you were on 4.2! If you didn't i'm afraid is not really possible to get your saved etc. back . I'm not an expert at this though. I just recently started to tamper with my old 3DS XL. Maybe you have a little luck with a data recovery program, but i doubt so.

Try not to put much on the SD if you're going to try to use a recovery program! If you are lucky enough to recover your 3DS folder & DCIM from before you formatted folder(if you had pics),you could recover them by deleting the emunands folder & put them on your SD & then use emuNAND tool 1.0.1 to Inject emunand 9.6 on it so you'll have an updated emunand ! (1st you need extract emunand with that tool before you attempt to recover the files though ) I hope this is the right answer for you!

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you not backup your emunand every version and before updates? Why is this such a hard concept?

VashTS

Beat it, son
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you not backup your emunand every version and before updates? Why is this such a hard concept?

I thought I did, but sadly I only did mine not my sons. I should have known better and please don't turn this thread into a what I should've done because I already know :)

VashTS

Beat it, son
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you try rxtools like I mentioned? It supports emunand 9.6 on the o3ds

I was able to get into the 9.6 emuNAND but I'm not sure how this will help. I think I'm boned...I havent been able to think of a way around this without just formatting emuNAND and trying to update from a ROM using the gateway. I think Majoras Mask gets us to 9.2 or 9.4 but I heard its risky.

I'd gladly update by CIA if thats an option but I havent seen much about it.

Ronhero

Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
I was able to get into the 9.6 emuNAND but I'm not sure how this will help. I think I'm boned...I havent been able to think of a way around this without just formatting emuNAND and trying to update from a ROM using the gateway. I think Majoras Mask gets us to 9.2 or 9.4 but I heard its risky.

I'd gladly update by CIA if thats an option but I havent seen much about it.

3dnus can update you to 9.5

I assumed you had things saved on your emunand like cia games that I was trying to help you restore

Ronhero

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
If thats correct then this should resolve my issue! thanks for all the tips dude.

Yea I would also make a backup of your emunand and sd card so that if all else fails you can wait till gw updates the launcher then you should be able to boot back into 9.6 and at least back up everything then

VashTS

Beat it, son
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea I would also make a backup of your emunand and sd card so that if all else fails you can wait till gw updates the launcher then you should be able to boot back into 9.6 and at least back up everything then

I did, I'm hoping gateway just updates soon. if rxtools can do it, i dont understand what is holding gateway back. they seemed really good initially.

Ronhero

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
I did, I'm hoping gateway just updates soon. if rxtools can do it, i dont understand what is holding gateway back. they seemed really good initially.

IMOP they most likely want to release universal updates for both the 3ds and n3ds, also it has been a holiday so that may be slowing them down

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: shit like goku mui and beerus and other dbs stuff lmao