Updated emunand this morning, now running Gateway hack results in black screen

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by hattar, Mar 28, 2015.

1. hattar
    OP

hattar Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 28, 2015
    United States
    I have been using my 3DSXL for a few months now. My understanding was that it was always safe to update emunand as long as I didn't update the sysnand. I've been doing that just fine for a while, but today I got an update message while in emunand and I allowed the system to update. Now whenever I restart the DS and run the gateway loader through the profile option in sysnand settings, I see the dragon, but then the screen goes black and stays that way indefinitely.

My sysnand is 4.2.0-9U still, so I'm fairly sure I haven't done anything there. Anyone else experiencing this? Have I misunderstood something and done something wrong here? Thanks!

2. ground

ground GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 22, 2007
    Netherlands
    you updated your emunand to 9.6, which is not supported yet by gateway. You have te recreate emunand ;)

3. bobtheglob101

bobtheglob101 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 6, 2013
    United States
    9.6 EmuNAND is currently broken. You'll have to wait for Gateway's update that corrects this.

4. hattar
    OP

hattar Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 28, 2015
    United States
    Crap. Well thanks guys! It didn't occur to me that was a thing. So as far as upgrading emunand from now on (assuming I get this fixed eventually), what is the process for upgrade prep? Should I just be searching these forums or is there a good place I should look to check compatibility before upgrading?

5. pokemoner2500

pokemoner2500 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 14, 2013
    United States
    If it ever prompts you for a update check here, usually there's a thread that states it's been released and says what's been affected, this time it being emunand breaking.

6. thorasgar

thorasgar Checkout my evil Soon-in-atorâ„¢

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    If you made a backup of your old emunand after you created it or anytime since you can use emunand tool to fix it. Other wise you will need to re rate a new emunand.

Do you have backups?

Do you have a backup of sysnand in case you accidently update that as well?

7. hattar
    OP

hattar Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 28, 2015
    United States
    Yeah I have the backups kicking around somewhere. I'll get them restored. Thanks :)