Hacking Question Updated emuMMC to 9.2.0, now seeing "an error has occurred"

ChameleonSkin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SOLVED - leaving this here in case anyone else runs across the same issue. Ultimately the solution was simple - I removed my Atmosphere and Sept folders on my SD card completely, downloaded the newest Atmosphere, and unzipped it to my SD card. Worked like a charm after that (I lost my themes, but that's easy enough to replace). I'm not sure why I only ran into this problem after updating to 9.2.0 rather than when I switched from Kosmos to Atmosphere - seems like the latter is the more obvious place for issues to arise like what I saw - but in any case this fixed it for me.

Original post:

After updating my emuMMC from 8.1.0 to 9.2.0, every time I reboot to CFW I get the Atmosphere error screen showing "An error has occurred". I started out on Kosmos, and as a first step I switched over to Atmosphere. That worked as expected, but then when I used ChoiDujourNX to updated my emuMMC firmware to 9.2.0, I got stuck with this error message. Can anyone help me figure out how to resolve this?

Here are the steps I went through to update.

• Started out on Kosmos with firmware 8.1.0
  • Switched off of Kosmos and over to the latest Atmosphere/Hekate using the packages from sdsetup.com
  • Confirmed I was able to boot into both stock firmware and emuMMC as expected
  • Booted into emuMMC; started ChoidujourNX
  • Chose the 9.2.0 firmware files I had put on my SD card
  • chose to install with autoRCM disabled (as I understand it, this setting doesn't matter either way if you're updating emuMMC)
  • rebooted, injected Hekate 5.2.1
  • I see the Nintendo logo, then the Atmosphere logo, then I get the Atmosphere error screen as mentioned above
I booted into stock firmware to confirm that that still works; I've confirmed, and also confirmed that stock firmware is still at 7.0.1 (i.e. I didn't accidentally update my sysNAND somehow)

Last edited by ChameleonSkin,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SOLVED - leaving this here in case anyone else runs across the same issue. Ultimately the solution was simple - I removed my Atmosphere and Sept folders on my SD card completely, downloaded the newest Atmosphere, and unzipped it to my SD card. Worked like a charm after that (I lost my themes, but that's easy enough to replace). I'm not sure why I only ran into this problem after updating to 9.2.0 rather than when I switched from Kosmos to Atmosphere - seems like the latter is the more obvious place for issues to arise like what I saw - but in any case this fixed it for me.

Original post:

After updating my emuMMC from 8.1.0 to 9.2.0, every time I reboot to CFW I get the Atmosphere error screen showing "An error has occurred". I started out on Kosmos, and as a first step I switched over to Atmosphere. That worked as expected, but then when I used ChoiDujourNX to updated my emuMMC firmware to 9.2.0, I got stuck with this error message. Can anyone help me figure out how to resolve this?

Here are the steps I went through to update.

• Started out on Kosmos with firmware 8.1.0
  • Switched off of Kosmos and over to the latest Atmosphere/Hekate using the packages from sdsetup.com
  • Confirmed I was able to boot into both stock firmware and emuMMC as expected
  • Booted into emuMMC; started ChoidujourNX
  • Chose the 9.2.0 firmware files I had put on my SD card
  • chose to install with autoRCM disabled (as I understand it, this setting doesn't matter either way if you're updating emuMMC)
  • rebooted, injected Hekate 5.2.1
  • I see the Nintendo logo, then the Atmosphere logo, then I get the Atmosphere error screen as mentioned above
I booted into stock firmware to confirm that that still works; I've confirmed, and also confirmed that stock firmware is still at 7.0.1 (i.e. I didn't accidentally update my sysNAND somehow)
That is how you are always supposed to update your CFW.

Naxster

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
That is how you are always supposed to update your CFW.

What did you even search to get this 4-5 month old thread up? And why even bother responding? xD

EDIT: I've seen you responding in other older threads, where your replies is mostly irrelevant and makes no sense whatsoever...:glare:

Now we know why and how you got 12k+ posts -.-'
(Not that it matters or something, but still).

Last edited by Naxster,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What did you even search to get this 4-5 month old thread up? And why even bother responding? xD

EDIT: I've seen you responding in other older threads, where your replies is mostly irrelevant and makes no sense whatsoever...:glare:

Now we know why and how you got 12k+ posts -.-'
(Not that it matters or something, but still).
The way I see it is I am tying up loose ends to make sure OP and everyone else in the thread is on the same page. But if we're going to start judging people by where they comment, you're one to talk about commenting in Switch related threads as I have no idea who you are. And by the way, I've been a member for a few years so having this many posts is not that surprising. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.