Gaming updated DSTWO firmware then 3DS, won't work....any ideas?

bloodliketheatla

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, would someone tell me what happens on a 3DS when the Supercard DSTWO is inserted but the firmware isn't high enough and it is blocked by Nintendo?

The reason I ask is because I've always updated the Supercard before the 3DS so I'm not sure if the regular logo shows up or it doesn't read it at all, and also because I have always had a problem with getting my 3DS to actually recognize the card without taking it in and out 47 times. Very annoying. But this time, I flat out can't get it to read. Even wore, it was in a position where it was reading before I updated the 3DS frmware, but after the update the icon disappeared.

So anyway, I updated the SC firmware to the latest version (today's) which was v1.20, I believe. The unzipped file was placed in root of card, "game" opened, and the update ran successfully.

I then updated from like 4.1.0.10(U) (not sure exactly, it had been awhile, but I believe the last version before 5.x) to the latest version (today's) which was 6.1.0.11(U.) I had read that the DSTWO was compatible with this firmware.

Any ideas? Thanks!

bloodliketheatla

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
" I have always had a problem with getting my 3DS to actually recognize the card without taking it in and out 47 times. Very annoying. But this time, I flat out can't get it to read."

"...after the update the icon disappeared."

Statements like these indicate that it WAS working. If you had read my post, what in the world would make you think that I got a "bad" one from the "recent bad batch"? In fact, the card has been working fine since I bought the damn thing the day the Ambassador program ended.

So, I assume that if the system firmware is one which blocks the DSTWO and a) the DSTWO firmware update failed or b) the DSTWO firmware update doesn't actually work on the most recent firmware update then inserting the DSTWO will simply NOT bring up an icon. Is this correct? I ask (as I said...) because I have had some REALLY difficult times getting the 3DS to actually recognize the card (not because the system firmware blocked it but because the contacts don't line up properly or something mechanical i.e. NOT firmware related.)

This time I wonder if IS firmware related because I haven't been able to get it to read since the update. But from everything I have read, the most recent DSTWO firmware update SHOULD work with the most recent 3ds firmware update.

Anyone else having problems?

*edit*

Well, wonderful...I turn the system on about a half a day later and the DSTWO icon is sitting there waiting for me to open it. Either I needed to turn it off/on or the mysterious god's of the flashcarts have smiled upon me. So to anyone with the same problem. The most recent DSTWO patch works on the most recent system update, and so Supercard once again delivers quickly on their firmware patches. Now I have to wonder if they have improved on their card builds because it really is a pain in the ass to get the 3DS to recognize this thing sometimes. And I can't leave it in or the battery drains even when not in use. Oh well, still works!

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I didn't say recent, the bad batch was a few months ago and carts from it exhibit the same symptoms you listed (only working a small amount of times). And no, if the firmware blocked the 3DS you'd get a generic error message every single time and never be able to launch it (until updating the DSTwo's firmware to bypass that check).

You could see if it's a contact issue.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/solving-acekard-contact-issues.231412/

And you could also watch your tone, since nobody here is getting paid to help. That'd be appreciated.

bloodliketheatla

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, Rydian. I have problems with tone and the internet... But regardless if it was recent as in brand in new or recent as in the last few months, I didn't understand from your post "the 3DS won't launch the cart" that you meant it was a contact issue rather than a firmware issue, so when you said "bad batch" I assumed you were talking about a batch that got flashed "badly" or something...

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to respond. Just poor communication between us. ;) I'll take the blame.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
It's cool, just note that for the DSTwo there's a single scre on it, if you undo that you can take the cart apart and get to the underside of the contacts easier that way (since it has more protective lines the AK2i doesn't have).

EDIT: Also the bad batch isn't just contact issues, it has to deal with one of the chips.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ding dong