Updated device with 4.50 firmware to 7.1.... help. I have nand :'(

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by SolarisHeights, Apr 25, 2014.

1. SolarisHeights
    OP

SolarisHeights GBAtemp Regular

Mar 27, 2014
    Just wondering if anyone has the step by step .pdf file for NOOBS! for how to flash your original NAND using hardware method. I went to the thread for ''All NOOBS ask questions here FAQ!!'' and im going through the NAND restore threads but i dont understand what any of it means or the tools I even need!! Please help :'( i only had my 4.50 device for 1 day!

If you want to know what happened : I have lost my 4.50 firmware and 2 games which I bought. :hateit: T___________T

Yesterday I did a system transfer between a 3DSXL 7.10 device to my 3DSXL 4.50 device because I wanted to transfer 2 games purchased via e-shop on the 7.10 device. People said it was safe so I did it.

The system transfer went fine, however the games didn't show up and I remembered someone saying you need to re-download the games from e-shop after a system transfer.

So I went into GW3DS on my 4.50 system and entered the e-shop to download my pre-bought games. It asked me to update my system straight away and I couldn't access e-shop without it. I exited e-shop straight away, double checked I was in GW mode by rebooting the system and entering it then updated my device. It updated my actual firmware.

[​IMG]

2. hundshamer

hundshamer GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Blacklisted Trader
    May 22, 2009
    United States
    Do you have a backup of your original firmware?

SolarisHeights likes this.
  3. SolarisHeights
    OP

Mar 27, 2014
    Yes I have NAND.bin file

:'(

4. hundshamer

hundshamer GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Blacklisted Trader
    May 22, 2009
    United States
    [​IMG]
    Use this schematic to solder wires to your 3DS and to an mSD to SD adapter. Then use windiskimager32 to write your original NAND back. Remember not to make the wire too long as you may get interference an it can corrupt the file as it is writing.

5. SolarisHeights
    OP

Mar 27, 2014
    ok let me save what u wrote to notepad so i dont loose it. thank you.
    Are thgere other tools I will need?

6. ScarletCrystals

ScarletCrystals Useless Bunny of Paradise

Apr 9, 2010
    Canada
    Bamboo Forest, Gensokyo
    It is safe to do the system transfer...updating from the eshop is what caused the problem
    Pretty sure it says in a sticky somewhere that you should only ever update from system menu