Hacking Updated 2ds to 11.14 and everything vanished

AxelDarkana

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I needed to update my 2ds..I read that I needed to update luma first and I had to update my luma updater which I read on here somewhere that I could do that by installing it's newer cia..so did that..updated luma but then accidentally did it again(it was late)...all seemed well anyway so I updated the system itself..again all seemed well..I proceed to try to update a game(which failed)as soon as it stopped every game and application such as fbi and the like dissapeared...I could still access the rosalina menu and at first gm9...but now can only access gm9 with the sd card out as it says there is a payload error otherwise...what do/can I do to get it back on track? Any help is greatly appreciated

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Re-Check if your SD card is fake, faulty, or dying.
  1. Copy everything off the SD card to a computer.
  2. Quadruple reformat.
  3. Full Write + Verify the empty card in H2testw. Do not skip.

Your 3DS is not booting with the SD card removed because the version of Luma on the NAND was apparently not updated.

AxelDarkana

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 2ds boots up fine and had no problems with the sd up to this point...but i thought i did update the luma by running the luma updater..if not then what now?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh, I misunderstood. You wrote "but now can only access gm9 with the sd card out as it says there is a payload error otherwise", and I thought that meant that with the SD card out you can't access anything but GM9. So, never mind – the copy of Luma on your NAND is probably fine.

Regardless – maybe you didn't have problems with your SD card before, but it looks like that is what is happening now. So please check your card.

AxelDarkana

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fair enough....so If I'm able to check after formatting and it shows as fine...in theory I could reinstall everything and be on my way?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Isn't there any save data you want to try to recover, at least?

Sometimes copying everything off the card any copying it back again (after checking for errors) is enough to solve the problem. If not, there are other troubleshooting steps.

AxelDarkana

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far as I know I have backed up the saves as well as some other data..but even if lost oh well as long as its workin right again...whats more if everything goes south I have another(older version) hacked 2ds with a broken screen so I could play doctor and put the good screen in that one

AxelDarkana

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I ended up just going ahead with replacing the screen of the other 2ds...as big a pain in the ass replacing it was I got it going...ima be hanging on to the motherboard and case of the other one...maybe get another screen for it someday and give that one another wurl HaHa thanks again ^.^

Last edited by AxelDarkana,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Ohkay