Status
Not open for further replies.

[UPDATE] WiiU Production Officially Ends in Japan

wii-u-gamepad-controller.jpg
As reported earlier, Nintendo planned the inevitable end of WiiU production sometime "soon".

It appears that the time has finally come and the console has stopped being produced in Japan according to the hardware section of Nintendo Japan’s website.

UPDATE: In a statement to Kotaku, Nintendo of America stated that "WiiU production has ended globally."

:arrow: SOURCE, UPDATE SOURCE

Last edited by Prans,

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I wonder why were they still producing it if it hasn't been selling for a long time already and most chains removed the residual stock since early December.

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R.I.P wii U, you will probably be missed.
To be honest I even forget I have the system in my home sometimes...

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wonder if we should wait and see what dash it comes with or if there will be a subsequent update before releasing the exploit in reserve right now.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My question is if consoles cease production, how does it get preserved properly? Not all systems get the privlage of preservation. For all the VC titles, there is no virtual boy ones, least a game like wario land remake in color (NOT RED AND BLACK) could get some releases. I heard not all those games were bad, just didn't have to be on that system, and there isn't a lot of them anyway, so a few games to modern consoles would be nice i guess. :unsure:

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Wii U has some good games, hopefully all of which get ported to Switch. OTOH the Wii U's "thing" is lame. AKA dual-screen in the form of a big bulky package plus your TV. Even if they had properly explained it from the get-go (or not named it Wii + a letter), there wouldn't be any decent amount of interest in what it has to offer. I think it's somewhat unfortunate Nintendo didn't release Switch entirely in place of Wii U, but that also would've made Switch weaker than what it potentially is in 2017.

Besides, 3DS already offered the same dual-screen play as Wii U, without the need for two separate bulky hardware units.

Last edited by Xzi,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended