TheWarrior
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
My Wii is currently on v4.1u, it's softmodded with the homebrew channel, etc all that. My friend did it for me about a year and a half ago . My mom has been wanting to use my Wii to watch netflix since I haven't been using it at all . Thing is to download the netflix app, I have to update my wii so I can go on the Wii Shop Channel, is it okay to update straight from nintendo, or will it brick?

dronesplitter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would recommend you use DOP-Mii to install the updated Shop Channel and just avoid doing the system update. Not that it's difficult to fix if the official update removes something...pretty easy but potentially a hassle. After DOP-Mii installs the updated Shop Channel, you should be able to download the Netflix app.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm really not familiar with this, I honestly don't care about the softmod anymore, if the update removes it, I wont care at all, just want the Wii to have Netflix. Do I still have to go through all that hassle or will I be able to update normally? I can't really do that, I'm a couple thousand miles away from the console and my mom really doesn't have the skill to do even simple tasks like using DOP-Mii lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @AncientBoi my condolences to both of you +2