nknave

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
hi there,

I've been thinking.

If you use NUS1.1 to download the WADs necessary to upgrade to 4.0, and these WADs are official, non-hacked. like IOS60.

Can it be possible to install System Menu 4.0 from a LU64+ Wii with 3.4FW??

If I don't use Hacked IOS nor lower version IOS, it should be fine.......right???

Any input is welcome.

Jeomite

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nknave said:
hi there,

I've been thinking.

If you use NUS1.1 to download the WADs necessary to upgrade to 4.0, and these WADs are official, non-hacked. like IOS60.

Can it be possible to install System Menu 4.0 from a LU64+ Wii with 3.4FW??

If I don't use Hacked IOS nor lower version IOS, it should be fine.......right???

Any input is welcome.

Are you trying to update your LU64 Wii to official 4.0 update?
Based on your request, I'm assuming you don't have a wireless or wired connection for the Wii system...

You can always try to find a game with the update on it, assuming you want the official 4.0 update and don't have an internet connection...

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand what you want to do...you just want to upgrade to 4.0 officially? If so, why not just...do an official update through nintendo?

Nintendo wouldn't release Wii's that bricked when you normally upgrade them through their own methods.

Am I just not following what it is you want to achieve?

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you should be fine. But you must pay careful attention that you get the proper version of IOS60 before installing the System Menu 4.0 wad. And you must install that BEFORE the system menu. Otherwise you may brick.

But you may wish to have the cIOS installed first, that way you still have a way to install wads when you go to it. (Assuming you didn't install it already.)

You may also want to install a trucha patched IOS60 using the app for it so you can still use trucha signed things.

nknave

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
s3phir0th115 said:
Yes, you should be fine. But you must pay careful attention that you get the proper version of IOS60 before installing the System Menu 4.0 wad. And you must install that BEFORE the system menu. Otherwise you may brick.

But you may wish to have the cIOS installed first, that way you still have a way to install wads when you go to it. (Assuming you didn't install it already.)

You may also want to install a trucha patched IOS60 using the app for it so you can still use trucha signed things.

You defenetly got the idea of what I want to do.

I'm currently looking into 00000010000001, 000000100000100, 0000000100000101, with NUS v417 for 1:1.

Now, that you mention.

I can install IOS60.WAD patched with Trucha Bug on my Wii LU64+?

If that's the case, I should be able to install in this order:

Quick EDIT Here:
BannerBomb to Install DVDX and HBC
Boot2 as IOS, and cBoot2 to run Patched WAD Manager 1.4
Install IOS16-64-**-prod.WAD
Install LU64_fix.wad

Restart the Wii

Install cIOS38 Rev13b

Restart the Wii

Run WAD Manager 1.4 using IOS249 and install the following:

IOS60.WAD (Patched)
IOS61.WAD (not sure if needed)
SystemMenu417.WAD

And it will Boot 4.0 without a Brick??

The reason why I mentioned Official 4.0 Firmware is because I thought the Patched IOS60 was not to be installed.

Correct me if I'm wrong, and thanks for the help.

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nknave said:
You defenetly got the idea of what I want to do.

I'm currently looking into 00000010000001, 000000100000100, 0000000100000101, with NUS v417 for 1:1.

Now, that you mention.

I can install IOS60.WAD patched with Trucha Bug on my Wii LU64+?

If that's the case, I should be able to install in this order:

Quick EDIT Here:
BannerBomb to Install DVDX and HBC
Boot2 as IOS, and cBoot2 to run Patched WAD Manager 1.4
Install IOS16-64-**-prod.WAD
Install LU64_fix.wad

Restart the Wii

Install cIOS38 Rev13b

Restart the Wii

Run WAD Manager 1.4 using IOS249 and install the following:

IOS60.WAD (Patched)
IOS61.WAD (not sure if needed)
SystemMenu417.WAD

And it will Boot 4.0 without a Brick??

The reason why I mentioned Official 4.0 Firmware is because I thought the Patched IOS60 was not to be installed.

Correct me if I'm wrong, and thanks for the help.

IOS60 can be patched safety, although I don't know if freethebug will work on ones from NUSD, assuming that's how it was made. I could never get one working.

As for IOS61, that's only needed for the shop channel I believe, not the system menu. You could install it anyway though, as I'm sure games in the future will need it.

Assuming you have a safe IOS60 wad installed, you could install the system menu 4.0 ok.

I don't know if you would need LU64+ though if you had an IOS16 wad, since you can install cIOS using any trucha IOS.

nknave

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The Patched IOS60 that I currently have is 1,945kb SHA1 CheckSum is 3D3A49BB3391548A5D3C97A7697F49F1ADE89864

Can anyone confirm I have the right one, and no, I didn't download this from NUS, I got it from the OffLine package of "Ultimate System Menu 4.0 Guide" from here, GBATemp.

Thanks

Scarfish

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So if Preloader would use IOS249 for installing then it should be possible to have Preloader on those wii's? We can install the same version of an IOS onto the Wii right? Lets say I'm already at 4.0 (virgin), it would be possible to install a patched IOS60 over the one thats already there (assuming that these have the same version)?

mtb-bfh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well at this point we're talking past each other in 3 different threads already just to answer the same question, but yes to the best of my knowledge stock IOS60 is the same on 4.0 whether they're "unhackable" or not. Just don't try fooling with the CIOSCORP version, I've heard definite reports that it freezes on LU64

micahkanchan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
nknave said:
The Patched IOS60 that I currently have is 1,945kb SHA1 CheckSum is 3D3A49BB3391548A5D3C97A7697F49F1ADE89864

Can anyone confirm I have the right one, and no, I didn't download this from NUS, I got it from the OffLine package of "Ultimate System Menu 4.0 Guide" from here, GBATemp.

Thanks
Hey, I'm about to install ios60 trucha patched on my lu64 wii as well. How'd it go?

EDIT: Except Im aldready on 4.0

nknave

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I don't have the balls man!!!

I really don't want to trash 200 bucks over. If you have Infectous, than go ahead, or risk it.

If you got the balls and/or have a recovery kit (Infectous) go ahead man, share your findings.

Don't forget that you install cios60bf.wad and than systemmenu417.wad (417 is for USA).

Good luck.

Scarfish

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
IOS60 trucha patched is something different than cios60bf.wad!

The last one has the dip-module from cios and the trucha patched version wont.

micahkanchan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
nknave said:
I don't have the balls man!!!

I really don't want to trash 200 bucks over. If you have Infectous, than go ahead, or risk it.

If you got the balls and/or have a recovery kit (Infectous) go ahead man, share your findings.

Don't forget that you install cios60bf.wad and than systemmenu417.wad (417 is for USA).

Good luck.
Lol. Yeah, Im too scared thats why I asked you. Lmao. Anyways softmii 3.0 should be out today so maybe they have something in store that'll help us.

EDIT: Its scarier for me cause im aldready on 4.0, and want to add trucha ios60 in.

nknave

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Scarfish said:
The last one has the dip-module from cios and the trucha patched version wont.

Can you install the one with Dip-Module to enable backups to load from disc channel???

This way, we can patch isos to load from ios249 and will not need CIOSCorp or SoftCorp at all??

nknave

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Sorry for double post!!!

Here's log of a conversation with someone that has done it, but I think he upgraded from LU64+ 3.4 firmware to 4.0 via Nintendo, and than installed..
Not sure if this works, and what would the difference be if it came with 4.0 firmware from stock.

QUOTE said:
QUOTE said:
QUOTE said:
QUOTE said:
I found an old post of yours that you mentioned you installed CIOS60BF.WAD on your Wii LU64/65???

I thought this bricks the Wii.

If you got it working, do you have anything else installed like PreLoader?

Can you run backups from disc channel? (not a cioscorp question)

So far preloader can't be installed on LU64+.

If you use IOSPatcher to patch IOS version of ISO file to 249, you can play it from disc channel.

Thanks, but I tought you couldn't see Wii Backups in Disc Channel normally, since the Wii will see a burnt disc as not readable.

To my understanding, installing CIOS60BF.WAD enables this, but I not sure if it's safe to install to these newer Wiis LU64/65.

How do you play backups from disc channel on your LU64/65?

Thanks.

install CIOS60BF.WAD and IOS249 patch on Game ISO make you play backup from disc channel.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: +1