[UPDATE] Uncharted The Nathan Drake Collection leaked by PlayStation Store - Release dates confirmed

Discussion in 'PS4 - Games & Content' started by T-hug, Jun 4, 2015.

1. T-hug
    OP

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
    uncharted-trilogy-nathan-drake.png

uncharted-collection-leak-ps-store.jpg
    UPDATE: The Uncharted Collection will release October 7th in NA and Oct 9th in UK. No word on pricing has been announced just yet.
    Full Press release can be found here.
    The collection will also include access to the Uncharted 4 beta.

:arrow:Greg Miller@KindaFunny

2. Nathan Drake

Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Jan 2, 2011
    I want it. I want it. I want it. I want it. Especially if they've made improvements to Uncharted 1 and balanced out Uncharted 3 a bit better. Uncharted 2 was perfect, so hopefully that one just gets even prettier.

3. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    I heard you like Nathan Drake. :P

Perfectly fitting first reply.

4. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    They dropped the ball. Should have named it Uncharted the Masterthief Collection :angry:

5. nihlathak

nihlathak GBAtemp Regular

Jan 31, 2008
    Netherlands
    Ugh, another remake. I wish they spend their time on new IP's or at least on something other than remakes. PS4 could use some *new* games.

6. Nathan Drake

Jan 2, 2011
    This one is perfectly passable since Uncharted 4 is in the works, and assuming it comes out before Uncharted 4, this will be a great way to tide fans over until release. Especially since Uncharted 4 was delayed to 2016, having something that was probably decently low effort like this is hardly a bad idea. I'm guessing little to no resources had to be diverted from the development of the new game to pull off this collection.

Now, my only grievance will be if this is little more than a more HD collection that they try to sell at $60. Considering the prices of the PS3 titles, this collection shouldn't go for more than $40 new unless they really made some fixes to at least the first game. I mean, compared to Uncharted 2, it is so abundantly clear that Uncharted 1 was far from all it could have been.

My main curiosity is whether or not this will include a PS4 version of the Vita title. I personally don't think it would port super well and like the game as a Vita game, but I would accept if they wanted to get it out to a larger audience.

7. Purple_Shyguy

Purple_Shyguy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 8, 2008
    Republic of Ireland
    Man falls off things and grabs a ledge at the last second: The Collection

8. Vengenceonu

Vengenceonu Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.

Jun 20, 2013
    United States
    The C Standard Library
    Perfect, I want it. I know everyone hates remasters/definitive/collection remakes but I missed the entire PS3 era so this is great for me.

Thirty3Three likes this.
  9. T-hug
    OP

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
    I get the hate for remasters when it's a single game that only came out a year or so ago like DmC or GoW3. The Last of Us though was perfect as tons of people that moved from 360 to PS4 would not have got to play one of the best games on the system, like myself. It also really benefited from the 60fps.
    I think this new collection will do extremely well for the same reason, Xbox owners from lastgen won't have ever played them. The extreme value alone is enough to even make me want to buy it again despite playing them all already.
    If they price it at £$40 too instead of £$50/60 that would be incredible, I just hope it's a very good port with no online issues *fingers crossed* I could see it coming out like a week after E3 too.

Vengenceonu likes this.
  10. ieatpixels

ieatpixels GBAtemp Fan

Nov 1, 2008
    Looks like they're imitating the way the Halo: Master Chief Collection was named.
    I hope this means it'll be of comparable quality. The Master Chief Collection had vastly reworked graphics that made the games feel much more modern than they would otherwise.
    They can also add touchpad features and fix up the gameplay mechanics of the first two games to be on par with the third.
    Another feature would be live in-engine cutscenes, I think that'd improve the flow and immersion of the games.

The first Uncharted is pretty dated. IMO it would be a disgrace to do a straight port of it.

11. Nathan Drake

Jan 2, 2011
    Oh god no. Please. I want a product that works entirely as intended on release with the entire product available in one package. The Master Chief collection wasn't exactly the picture of perfection on release. Or for awhile after release.

12. KingVamp

KingVamp Great... AETHER!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    I hope they get it on there just for the sake of completion.

I was thinking about that and honestly, that should have been a collection. All the games except maybe the lastest one.

Is it still having online problems?

13. Axido

Axido GBAtemp Fan

Feb 12, 2014
    Germany
    The PS4. It's just like the PS3, but... well, it's just like the PS3.

14. Tom Bombadildo

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Perfect, this is exactly what I was waiting for cuz I never got around to playing the Uncharted games on the PS3. I can only imagine they'll announce and launch it at E3, before or after they show off Uncharted 4 and stuff.

15. stanleyopar2000

stanleyopar2000 The Official GBATEMP Thread Killer. No Mercy.

Jun 22, 2007
    United States
    damn....i Have all 3 games for PS3. Almost done with the 1st one (strange "twist" of enemies part). I have the second one and the 3rd was PS Plus freebie

wonder if I should front the money again..

16. KingVamp

KingVamp Great... AETHER!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Well, there you have it. No Vita port.

17. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Cool. I only ever finished Uncharted: Golden Abyss, I have 3, but intend to buy 1 and 2 first before really playing that and never did. Now I can have all in one box set with improvements, so hey - good deal.

18. Steena

Steena GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 13, 2009
    Italy
    Minus the multiplayer which is cut out.

19. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    I already played that, it went F2P ages ago so I don't mind. Maybe they'll release it separately somewhere down the line or Uncharted 4 has a similar multiplayer component that they don't want to take the spotlight away from.

20. emigre

emigre Oh Jeremy Corbyn

Jan 28, 2009
    United States
    London
    Good move. Excellent gaems (well 2 and 3) remastered by a good studio (Bluepoint) With a lot of 360 owners going playstation, this is an easy win. New Playstation owners have a new set of gaems to play. Peeps who already played it can marvel at the technical improvements.