[UPDATE] Uncharted The Nathan Drake Collection leaked by PlayStation Store - Release dates confirmed

uncharted-trilogy-nathan-drake.png

Greg Miller of podcast beyond fame and thegameovergreggy show tweeted an image captured directly from the PlayStation store of Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection:

uncharted-collection-leak-ps-store.jpg

The same thing happened around the same time in 2014 for The Last Of Us Remastered, so the real question is whether this new collection will release in 2015, before 2016's Uncharted 4: A Thief's End.
UPDATE: The Uncharted Collection will release October 7th in NA and Oct 9th in UK. No word on pricing has been announced just yet.
Full Press release can be found here.
The collection will also include access to the Uncharted 4 beta.

:arrow:Greg Miller@KindaFunny

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
I want it. I want it. I want it. I want it. Especially if they've made improvements to Uncharted 1 and balanced out Uncharted 3 a bit better. Uncharted 2 was perfect, so hopefully that one just gets even prettier.
I heard you like Nathan Drake. :P

Perfectly fitting first reply.

Seroczynski

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ugh, another remake. I wish they spend their time on new IP's or at least on something other than remakes. PS4 could use some *new* games.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Ugh, another remake. I wish they spend their time on new IP's or at least on something other than remakes. PS4 could use some *new* games.
This one is perfectly passable since Uncharted 4 is in the works, and assuming it comes out before Uncharted 4, this will be a great way to tide fans over until release. Especially since Uncharted 4 was delayed to 2016, having something that was probably decently low effort like this is hardly a bad idea. I'm guessing little to no resources had to be diverted from the development of the new game to pull off this collection.

Now, my only grievance will be if this is little more than a more HD collection that they try to sell at $60. Considering the prices of the PS3 titles, this collection shouldn't go for more than $40 new unless they really made some fixes to at least the first game. I mean, compared to Uncharted 2, it is so abundantly clear that Uncharted 1 was far from all it could have been.

My main curiosity is whether or not this will include a PS4 version of the Vita title. I personally don't think it would port super well and like the game as a Vita game, but I would accept if they wanted to get it out to a larger audience.

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
I get the hate for remasters when it's a single game that only came out a year or so ago like DmC or GoW3. The Last of Us though was perfect as tons of people that moved from 360 to PS4 would not have got to play one of the best games on the system, like myself. It also really benefited from the 60fps.
I think this new collection will do extremely well for the same reason, Xbox owners from lastgen won't have ever played them. The extreme value alone is enough to even make me want to buy it again despite playing them all already.
If they price it at £$40 too instead of £$50/60 that would be incredible, I just hope it's a very good port with no online issues *fingers crossed* I could see it coming out like a week after E3 too.

Reactions: Vengenceonu

ieatpixels

Trophies
XP
Country
Looks like they're imitating the way the Halo: Master Chief Collection was named.
I hope this means it'll be of comparable quality. The Master Chief Collection had vastly reworked graphics that made the games feel much more modern than they would otherwise.
They can also add touchpad features and fix up the gameplay mechanics of the first two games to be on par with the third.
Another feature would be live in-engine cutscenes, I think that'd improve the flow and immersion of the games.

The first Uncharted is pretty dated. IMO it would be a disgrace to do a straight port of it.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Looks like they're imitating the way the Halo: Master Chief Collection was named.
I hope this means it'll be of comparable quality.
Oh god no. Please. I want a product that works entirely as intended on release with the entire product available in one package. The Master Chief collection wasn't exactly the picture of perfection on release. Or for awhile after release.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My main curiosity is whether or not this will include a PS4 version of the Vita title. I personally don't think it would port super well and like the game as a Vita game, but I would accept if they wanted to get it out to a larger audience.

I hope they get it on there just for the sake of completion.

I was thinking about that and honestly, that should have been a collection. All the games except maybe the lastest one.

Oh god no. Please. I want a product that works entirely as intended on release with the entire product available in one package. The Master Chief collection wasn't exactly the picture of perfection on release. Or for awhile after release.
Is it still having online problems?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Perfect, this is exactly what I was waiting for cuz I never got around to playing the Uncharted games on the PS3. I can only imagine they'll announce and launch it at E3, before or after they show off Uncharted 4 and stuff.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
damn....i Have all 3 games for PS3. Almost done with the 1st one (strange "twist" of enemies part). I have the second one and the 3rd was PS Plus freebie

wonder if I should front the money again..

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Cool. I only ever finished Uncharted: Golden Abyss, I have 3, but intend to buy 1 and 2 first before really playing that and never did. Now I can have all in one box set with improvements, so hey - good deal.

Steena

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Cool. I only ever finished Uncharted: Golden Abyss, I have 3, but intend to buy 1 and 2 first before really playing that and never did. Now I can have all in one box set with improvements, so hey - good deal.
Minus the multiplayer which is cut out.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Minus the multiplayer which is cut out.
I already played that, it went F2P ages ago so I don't mind. Maybe they'll release it separately somewhere down the line or Uncharted 4 has a similar multiplayer component that they don't want to take the spotlight away from.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Good move. Excellent gaems (well 2 and 3) remastered by a good studio (Bluepoint) With a lot of 360 owners going playstation, this is an easy win. New Playstation owners have a new set of gaems to play. Peeps who already played it can marvel at the technical improvements.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i dont know why tv manufactures put the hdmi ports in dumb locations so the cables have to stick out, and then down, putting strain on the ports. Instead of having the ports along the bottom edge of the tv facing downwards.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    windows me was mostly on laptops if i remembered correctly
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I hate that too where you have to use an HDMI extension for an Amazon Fire Stick.
    +1
    I had a desktop with ME on it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, And also cheap-ass desktop PCs like eMachines.
    Worst MS OS in history. Period.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My entertainment centers blocking all my io gotta fix that eventually
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I had used win 98 SE till XP arrived
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nah I can still go for totinos