Hacking Update to latest version then hardmod downgrade?

2haloes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello there, I am having an issue where my 3ds updated itself (I'm getting everything together to get it hardmodded) but for the time being, is it safe to update and the hardmod still work fine? I just want to know because I want to play smash Bros with a friend and it needs me to update which I can't do without updating my system. Thank you for reading

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello there, I am having an issue where my 3ds updated itself (I'm getting everything together to get it hardmodded) but for the time being, is it safe to update and the hardmod still work fine? I just want to know because I want to play smash Bros with a friend and it needs me to update which I can't do without updating my system. Thank you for reading
Before doing anything do you have a Nand backup from when you were on 9.2 or below?

Reactions: 2haloes

2haloes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, and it doesn't matter if I'm above that version anyway right? (I just want to make sure because the last risk I took forced me to reinstall my Tablet's OS)

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
shouldnt though you can download updates for smash bros without updating your system the CIAs are online on *that site* just install them GG

2haloes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
shouldnt though you can download updates for smash bros without updating your system the CIAs are online on *that site* just install them GG

It would help but my 3ds is above version 9.2 for now anyway. And I found that my Wii U will just take both systems fine so crisis averted

2haloes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As long as you have a NAND backup of your own console from when you were on 9.2 or below then you're good.

Thanks, I just like to make sure, I'm sure that nothing can be done to block the hardmod with a software update but I can't be too careful

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1