update to latest rev or stay with rev 7

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Am0s, Jul 18, 2009.

Jul 18, 2009
  1. Am0s
    OP

Member Am0s Mojo Risin

United Kingdom
    Hi all,

I have a couple of question if anyone can be so kind to answer them, I have a wii softmodded to 3.2E I have rev 7 and starfall on my sstem thats what it says on the loader anyway IOS249 rev 7, I cant rember putting on Cios 38, I play all my games from disc now I got 2 backup loaders on my wii, 1 is neogamma R6 chanek and neorame backup launcher now all my games work, including wii sports resort on R6, the only issue I got is some wiiware just restarts my wii, now do I move to the preloader and update my cIOS? as I assume the incompatible games with neogamma wont affect the nerorame loader? or do I leave it as it is, I dont have a USB hdd drive yet only a 2gb card, If I( go to preloader I read that sometimes it can fail loading and some people panic and brick their wii's, anyway I dont wanna waffle on anymore so if someone can clairofy pls thanks

2. mzzmuaa

Newcomer mzzmuaa Member

United States
    What wiiware is screwing you over? Is it official stuff that you bought from shop channel, or did you download and install wads?
    If it's the latter, are you sure that the wads are good?

I remember having this problem with a few games, notably Megaman 9.
    I had to install some cios:
    probably CIOS 37 rev 2, which they talk about here:
    http://www.wiihacks.com/homebrew/6668-mega...et-another.html

3. Am0s
    OP

Member Am0s Mojo Risin

United Kingdom
    yeh its just downloaded wads, it was rainbow island wad and a few others which just reset my wii but world of goo works just fine, the only thing I got is a wad checker I only know how to read it for region info thats all so I dont really know how to check wads if they are good and thanks for helping me [​IMG]

Update

I installed CIOS 37 rev 2 was a bit concerned that it would muck up my backup games as some people had issues where their backup games wouldnt work anyway wiiware is working now.

question is, is it worth updating to say rev 14 when it comes out putting on preloader bootmii etc, and would it cause problems for the nerorame backup loader as I use that for older titles now

4. Alexrose

Member Alexrose Untitled

United Kingdom
    Learn the difference between CIOS and IOS please.

If your wiiware game is missing IOS (note: NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR CIOS VERSION), download the ios with NUS downloader.

5. Am0s
    OP

Member Am0s Mojo Risin

United Kingdom

I know the difference between IOS and cIOS files, it seems I tried the same wads which were resetting my wii, (rainbow island and puzzle bobble plus) they still resetting it so I guess they are bad wads and will skip them, I put bootmii on but can only install as an IOS as I have a newer wii, gonna look into installing preloader and tke starfall off, but still need an aswer if updating my system files are they gonna screw up nerorame as I do have alot of discs that work off discs and are fine if you get my meaning