Hacking update to 4.2 from 4.1

skinneyb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i no ther is no need to but want to any way am i right in saying if i follow this that is what wii happen as i am a bit confused
i already have home brew preloader o.29 and coscorp 3.4 wii i have to run the modfiy 4.2 after as doing the update wii loase everything and wii have to set up evey thing to run on 4.2

Setting up the SD Card
1st download the precompiled link update.zip for your region by emailing [email protected]
Extract the "update.zip" & put the files onto a SD card & insert the SD card into the Wii.

Installing The Homebrew Channel & Bootmii
Run bannerbomb by going to the Settings, Data Management, Channels, SD Card & choosing yes to load boot.dol/elf
This runs the Hackmii Installer from which you should install the Homebrew Channel, DVDX [optional], & Bootmii as IOS & boot2 if possible.

Updating your Wii
Run WAD Manager 1.5 from The Homebrew Channel.
When it opens choose IOS36. (it is probably already set to that)
Press A to leave NAND emulator disabled.
Press A to open from SD slot.
Scroll down the list to find & install:

IOS70-64-v6687.wad
& System Menu-NUS-v481.wad [NTSC-J = v480; PAL = v482]

Then proceed to install the remaining 25 IOS files & Shopping Channel-NUS-v18.wad
You can then erase everything from the update.zip & setup everything from the modify.zip
Advance to the Modify 4.2 section to reinstall The Homebrew Channel so it can run under the correct IOS's.

Posts merged

sorry about the spelling wii for will

tomazzzi

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, i had exactly the same config but i did proceed in a different way

I just uninstalled CIOSCORP 3.4 with the corp uninstaller ( needed however you won t be able to install 4.2 with safe updater, you ll get an error ), ran the 4.2 safe updater then updated CIOSCORP to 3.5.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm here.