Hacking Update to 3.0 or stay on 2.0?

EmanueleBGN

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Italy
No difference between 1.0, 2.0 or 3.0 at the moment.
If you want to play Pokken update to 3.0. If you play with Zelda, stay on 2.0.
Do you want Homebrew (read: piracy)? No difference. Wait.

Question asked and answered 10.000 times

Reactions: Deleted User

JoFelix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Oh wow the negativity is real. For both of you.

The current exploit used to run homebrew is on 3.0.0. If you want to wait on a lower firmware for more critical exploits (such as kernel exploits) to be released, do that. That's gonna lock you out of playing games which require a firmware version between 2.0.1 and 3.0.0, though.

If you want to update to 3.0.0 specifically, you need to use the physical version of Pokken (you can sell it afterwards. You only need to insert it once, to update). But I guess you already know that.

If you want to play games which requere a firmware version above 3.0.0, you'll need to update to the desired version. That's gonna lock you out of using the currently released homebrew entrypoint, though.

In the end, it's you who has to decide.

Meriadoc

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi,

I was wondering if I should update my Switch to 3.0 or stay on 2.0 for the time being?

Update with no regret. It's impossible to play the games from Mario Odissey to the upcoming games because of the crypto. No online.Wait for what? at the best pirate zelda,mario kart or arms and play some ps1 games that you have already played 100 times.

hexcode99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are no games I am interested in playing on the Switch. All I have done is updated from 1.0 to 2.0, download a demo from the NS when I first opened it and packed it back up. The only game I would be interested in playing is a new F-Zero, but seems no plans are in the works for that. So that just leaves homebrew/piracy. I purchased a new Pokken for $55, but I could also walk into a gamestop, buy a used copy, update switch and return it and also return my new Pokken and get my $55 back. Which is why I wanted to know if for homebrew/piracy would it be better to stay on 2.0 or update to 3.0 and wait it out?

Last edited by hexcode99,

Meriadoc

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
There are no games I am interested in playing on the Switch. All I have done is updated from 1.0 to 2.0, download a demo NS when I first opened it and packed it back up. The only game I would be interested in playing is a new F-Zero, but seems no plans are in the works for that. So that just leaves homebrew/piracy. I purchased a new Pokken for $55, but I could also walk into a gamestop, buy a used copy, update switch and return it and also return my new Pokken and get my $55 back. Which is why I wanted to know if for homebrew/piracy would it be better to stay on 2.0 or update to 3.0 and wait it out?

So why have you bought a switch? lol sell it and pick another console/buy a gpu for the pc/use the money to have a trip... however stay at 2.0, low is always better for these things.

hexcode99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So why have you bought a switch? lol sell it and pick another console/buy a gpu for the pc/use the money to have a trip... however stay at 2.0, low is always better for these things.

I purchased a Switch in hopes for a new F-Zero. But it seems there are no plans for one as far as I can tell, so gotta use it for something.

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I purchased a Switch in hopes for a new F-Zero. But it seems there are no plans for one as far as I can tell, so gotta use it for something.
just out of interest, why didn’t you buy the switch if and when this fzero type game was released. i’m a bit confused

hexcode99

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just out of interest, why didn’t you buy the switch if and when this fzero type game was released. i’m a bit confused

Because everyone on this forum knows to buy a new console and keep it on a low firmware and wait for the ability to run unsigned code.

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
My switch is on 2.1.0 and i don't wanna update yet, maybe there are some fixed exploits on later firmwares. The only thing im a bit scared of is that Nintendo will make higher cartridge update on Pokken. So i cant update to 3.0 anymore??

D

Deleted User

My switch is on 2.1.0 and i don't wanna update yet, maybe there are some fixed exploits on later firmwares. The only thing im a bit scared of is that Nintendo will make higher cartridge update on Pokken. So i cant update to 3.0 anymore??
All I can say to that is find a friend who has a 3.0 Switch. Have him insert a copy of Pokken and see if it prompts him to update. If it does then you'll need to track down a second hand copy and use that to update.

AFAIK there are no reported cases of Pokken having a FW of over 3.0 yet.

Reactions: pLaYeR^^

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
All I can say to that is find a friend who has a 3.0 Switch. Have him insert a copy of Pokken and see if it prompts him to update. If it does then you'll need to track down a second hand copy and use that to update.

AFAIK there are no reported cases of Pokken having a FW of over 3.0 yet.
I don't have a friend with 3.0.0 switch lol. But thx anyway :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: