Homebrew Suggestion Update through ChoiDujourNX, selected "format exfat" but i guess the sd wasnt

CatTheDestroyer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
so, i feel like a dumdum, i will accept any scorn coming my way lol

basically i just felt like updating my system to 10.2.0 (i was at 10.0.0), i downloaded the files from a certain webside that starts with D, put it on my sdcard, went to ChoicedujourNX, selected the folder containing the update files and let it run. The program then asked me what type of update it was (if normal or exfat), I didnt recall what format it was so i chose exfat as i saw other videos do the same; everything went smoothly up to the point of rebooting the console in Hekate, but when selecting emunand i get an error message saying:
"sd card is exfat and installed HOS driver only supports fat32!
failed to launch hos!"

so, what can i do? should i wipe everything in my card and do the whole partition thing again, or can i fix it from hekate?

cheers guys!

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You chose FAT32, when you should have chosen exFAT. You have two options:
  1. Reformat the data partition of your SD card as FAT32 (recommended)
  2. Use a different SD card that's on FAT32 and install the update as exFAT this time
You should also be using Daybreak for system updates, not ChoiDujourNX.

CatTheDestroyer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
oh that's weird then, i did select exFAT because i was following a video tutorial. do your points still stand? I will look into daybreak from now on!

thank you for replying!

CatTheDestroyer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'll take your word for it lol

Sorry, ill ask you one more thing: if i create a backup or the things in my sd card and then format it in Fat32 as you suggested, can i then just chuck my backup on it and everything's back to normal? Or do i need to wipe everything and start completely from scratch? It's not a big deal as i had very few data games saved.

Thanks!

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll take your word for it lol

Sorry, ill ask you one more thing: if i create a backup or the things in my sd card and then format it in Fat32 as you suggested, can i then just chuck my backup on it and everything's back to normal? Or do i need to wipe everything and start completely from scratch? It's not a big deal as i had very few data games saved.

Thanks!
You should be able to back up the contents, format the data partition, and restore the contents. Just don't touch the emuMMC partition.

Save games are stored on the sysMMC or emuMMC.

Reactions: CatTheDestroyer

Sin1UP

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I also have the same problem. When I tried to use an exFAT sd card, the same issue happens to me to where it says "SD Card is exFAT and installed HOS driver only supports FAT32!". what i did was use Choidujournx at first on my exFAT SD card and installed the update in exFAT format and it didn't help. I saw this thread and what i did was I changed the format of my SD card to FAT32 first then tried daybreak to update it with the 'Install (FAT32 + exFAT)' option. When I reformated my SD Card back to exFAT, the same sentence still prompted. I tried redownloading the firmware but that didn't change anything. Any suggestions?

EDIT: I found my solution! I just needed to update my hekate on the latest version (5.3.3) on my payload and on my console. Don't mind me, just passing through :)

Last edited by Sin1UP,

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I also have the same problem. When I tried to use an exFAT sd card, the same issue happens to me to where it says "SD Card is exFAT and installed HOS driver only supports FAT32!". what i did was use Choidujournx at first on my exFAT SD card and installed the update in exFAT format and it didn't help. I saw this thread and what i did was I changed the format of my SD card to FAT32 first then tried daybreak to update it with the 'Install (FAT32 + exFAT)' option. When I reformated my SD Card back to exFAT, the same sentence still prompted. I tried redownloading the firmware but that didn't change anything. Any suggestions?
Are you sure you are updating the correct mmc (sysmmc vs emummc)?

S9786X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You chose FAT32, when you should have chosen exFAT. You have two options:
  1. Reformat the data partition of your SD card as FAT32 (recommended)
  2. Use a different SD card that's on FAT32 and install the update as exFAT this time
You should also be using Daybreak for system updates, not ChoiDujourNX.
I know im really late but, how do I exactly reformat the data partition of my sd? Can you tell me step by step guide for it? Thanks

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know im really late but, how do I exactly reformat the data partition of my sd? Can you tell me step by step guide for it? Thanks
Backup the contents of the SD card data partition, reformat it as FAT32, and then restore the files/folders from your backup.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse