[Update] The new Pokemon rumors (Let's go Eevee/Pikachu)

It's nearing E3 once more, which means rumors at in full force. And with a Pokemon title inevitably on the horizon, Pokemon rumors are flooding news and discussion sites. Once more, we find ourselves questioning what's real or fake.

Back on April Fools, there was a post made on 4chan. Such things from there are always assumed to be a meme or fake post. Based_AF Media also further confirmed the 4chan post, but it should be known that they are a relatively unheard of news site, possibly looking for easy hits.

DdKWTuoWkAAcueX.jpg

This "leak" states that the upcoming game would be a Yellow remake, and would have Pokemon Go integration.

Emily Rogers further fueled the fire by hinting at the name of the games potentially having some link to the mobile title Pokemon GO, and that mainline Pokemon and Pokemon Go could benefit from each other.

SoulCalibur V would be out for the Wii U: FALSE
Nintendo would launch a huge quirky shooter for the Wii U: TRUE (Splatoon)
Smash would be on Switch and launch 2018: TRUE
Nintendo and Ubisoft were making a strategy game: TRUE (M & R Kingdom Battle)
Pokemon and Pikmin 4 would launch before March 2018: FALSE
Mother 3 would be ported to the Wii U: FALSE (We did get Earthbound Beginnings though)
Female Link would be playable in BOTW: FALSE
GameCube Virtual Console would be a reveal at E3 2017: FALSE
BOTW would be pushed back for simul Wii U/Switch release: TRUE

pokemon_switch_rumour_logo.jpg

Twitter user "Nibel" also Retweeted the image of the supposed logo, giving further credence. Nibel's rumor history includes correctly guessing that there would be a new Insomniac Games Spiderman title, the existence of a PS4 Pro (at the time, codeword Neo), and a Catherine remake for Vita/PS4. Nibel has also claimed that Retro is working on yet another Donkey Kong Country game for the Switch, but this one is still unverified.

Translated, the text in the Logo translates to "Let's Go Pikachu!", once more adding onto the idea of a Pokemon Yellow remake. Even more ridiculously, an image from a few months earlier made its rounds on the internet, showing what appeared to just be a slightly edited image of Sun/Moon. In it...you can see none other than an Eevee perched onto the trainer's head. This corroborates the Let's go Eevee! part of the rumor over at 4chan. Plus the part about Sun/Moons HMs-replaced-by-Pokemon, as well.

download (1).jpg

Then we have something a bit more vague. Twitter user PixelPar uploaded a video saying he'd been hinting the whole time at this, through little drawings of Pokemon Yellow he'd been doing up to the official announcement of the game.

EDIT:

The day after this was written, an entity has claimed the domain names for both of the game's names. Not only that, but one of Kotaku's lead writers also followed up on the Pokemon Go portion of the rumor:

https://www.whois.com/whois/pokemonletsgopikachu.com

wYyskzf.png

The domain owner has previously registered Pokemon game names in the past, as well. Nintendo isn't mentioned anywhere within the documents, though, which deviates from previous domain registrations, where they've always been named as the owner in some form. And now the Official Pokemon JP site is heavily using both Pikachu and Eevee in marketing.

And, as of right now, that's everything involving this specific rumor. What do you think? Real? Fake? Is this the equivalent of Rayman in Smash once more?​

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An old and fake photo from Sun/Moon, a leak from 4chan (cmon...) and some people saying random stuff? I dont know if its real or not, but it has 0 credibility.

Having said that, i dont mind Kanto again at all IF its different from the first/third gen games. New story, maybe new mons, new places to go, etc.

I would go for the "Eevee" version.
If they do go eevee - I hope they make a new eeveelution

I know it would be super out of character to make a new pokemon for a remake, but still

I hope they do kanto forms of pokemon from other gens, I would love to see kanto form zebstrika or sandile

Frezgle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An old and fake photo from Sun/Moon, a leak from 4chan (cmon...) and some people saying random stuff? I dont know if its real or not, but it has 0 credibility.

Masuda has also been tweeting a lot of photos with Pikachu and Eevee merch.
Granted, that could just be because they're literally the most popular creature in the franchise, but... It could be something.
not that i want it to be real though oof

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
If they do go eevee - I hope they make a new eeveelution

I know it would be super out of character to make a new pokemon for a remake, but still

I hope they do kanto forms of pokemon from other gens, I would love to see kanto form zebstrika or sandile

Could this be gen 8 with an old region? Who knows now... I would love a new eeveelution tho.

Masuda has also been tweeting a lot of photos with Pikachu and Eevee merch.
Granted, that could just be because they're literally the most popular creature in the franchise, but... It could be something.
not that i want it to be real though oof

Yeah i have heard that a lot and i definitely think its because Pikachu and Eevee are really popular. Like looking for a really old and obviously fake photo from Sun/Moon just because it has an Eevee on it... I dont buy it.

Reactions: x65943

Blaze Uchiha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Having said that, i dont mind Kanto again at all IF its different from the first/third gen games. New story, maybe new mons, new places to go, etc.

I would go for the "Eevee" version.
I would too. What are the odds we'll finally get a Dragon type Eeveelution? Been waiting for that for years lol

graeme122

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So it looks like that lapras image could be real and if it is it looks like total garbage, I was expecting Breath of the Wild visuals not 3.5DS bs. It looks basically the same as the 3DS. As for GO integration I have no interest in it and there better be an option to disable it. Overall if this turns out to be true this could be the biggest pile of garbage GF has released. GF becoming the new apple releasing garbage every year knowing that no matter what there die hard fan base will buy and give it a 10/10 despite it really being a 1/10 they just can't handle the truth. BTW still waiting on that timed switch exclusive.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if this turns out to be real the pokemon go functionality will be akin to the pokewalker in HG/SS where you can add one pokemon to it and walk it for xp and items nothing more.
and by catch pokemon like in go all they mean is that you could optionally use your finger on the touch screen to fling the ball if you want instead of pressing a.

Maybe, but you don't really know any of that for sure.

OldGnashburg

Cobra Chicken Summoner
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I refuse to accept any Pokemon past Gen 4 Exist. I live in a pre-Black/White reality. So if they make a Sinnoh region remake, they can only include Generations 1 through 4, and they have to include the previous 3 Gens story as well having OR/AS style Graphics, and no Garbage Mystery Events that are only for a Limited Time, and no stupid crap like Mega Evolution or Z-Forme or whatever. There are too many Pokemon and due to the stubbornness of time only wanting to go one direction and myself personally not wanting to get simultaneously mugged, shot, and sodomized as soon as I get off the plane to New York, the only place with a Pokemon Center, I can't go back and get the Azure Flute, Eon Ticket, Old Sea Map. I might have given Gen 5 a chance if Nintendo didn't make catching them all literally impossible without an AR with a Wild Pokemon Modifier. Thankfully I can still enjoy R/S/E/FR/LG due to Event Save injection with hacked Wii and GameCube, and a trusty GBA GameShark that will let me teleport to Birth Island, Naval Rock, Faraway Island, and Southern Island.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I refuse to accept any Pokemon past Gen 4 Exist. I live in a pre-Black/White reality. So if they make a Sinnoh region remake, they can only include Generations 1 through 4, and they have to include the previous 3 Gens story as well having OR/AS style Graphics, and no Garbage Mystery Events that are only for a Limited Time, and no stupid crap like Mega Evolution or Z-Forme or whatever. There are too many Pokemon and due to the stubbornness of time only wanting to go one direction and myself personally not wanting to get simultaneously mugged, shot, and sodomized as soon as I get off the plane to New York, the only place with a Pokemon Center, I can't go back and get the Azure Flute, Eon Ticket, Old Sea Map. I might have given Gen 5 a chance if Nintendo didn't make catching them all literally impossible without an AR with a Wild Pokemon Modifier. Thankfully I can still enjoy R/S/E/FR/LG due to Event Save injection with hacked Wii and GameCube, and a trusty GBA GameShark that will let me teleport to Birth Island, Naval Rock, Faraway Island, and Southern Island.
Pokemon Gen 8 confirmed :P

D

Deleted User

How would it have Pokemon Go catching mechanics when you can't use the touch screen in docked mode?
And I'd rather not have Pokemon Go linking features. As a sucker for cross device gimmicks and disappointed the Wii U and 3DS hardly had any connectivity, I don't want content in my video games locked behind replacing a device that is first and foremost a utility.

What's next? Content that can only be unlocked by signing up to a Nintendo licensed home electricity plan that's only offered by 2 power companies?

Reactions: Noctosphere

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
You know, i dont mind the Pokemon Go bullshit if its implemented correctly. Im not gonna say it sucks or that i dont want it just because its like that game. It could just be a mini game or some type of contest.

With that said i think thats the weakest part of this "leak". No touch screen while docked, no data, etc.

Last edited by alexj9626,

AaronUzumaki

A.K.A. Ecstasy Espeon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know the logos were confirmed fake, the screen shot is as good as confirmed fake, the leakers are not very credible, and even those somewhat convincing starter pokemon were confirmed fake. I'd say there aren't any true leaks yet, but if it does turn out to be Kanto and gen 1 fodder, I'll be furious.

Reactions: OctolingRift

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
So the new Pokemon game on console will look just like on 3DS, play like Pokemon GO, force us to play Pokemon GO for reward and is a remake of a random title?

Everything seem legit, I'm in.

Reactions: fedehda

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: