[UPDATE] The Great Ace Attorney - Complete English Patch Released

ep_5_release_post.jpg

The full translation patch for Dai Gyakuten Saiban / The Great Ace Attorney (Episode 1-5) is out for 3DS! You can grab it at the link below.

UPDATE:
  • Now also for Android!
  • DGS2 Demo for 3DS!

ENG 2.4.0

Download: https://scarletstudy.gq/download/
Typos and errors can be reported here:

Notes:

• Translated up to Episode 5 - Complete Translation.
  • A fully translated script, complete with all UI stuff and credits in English.
  • A vast rewrite of episodes 1 and 2, with the number of ellipses cut down hard.
  • Some miscellaneous fixes throughout the game.

Requirements:

• 3DS with CFW
  • Full physical or eShop copy of Dai Gyakuten Saiban
or
  • Android device or emulator
  • Copy of DGS1 from PlayStore (guide on our website)

Our website
FAQ
Translation Notes
Credits
GBAtemp project thread

Last edited by Uwabami,

Sorizzz

Trophies
XP
Country
Lithuania
Hey, it shows that u need Luma3DS 7.0.5 or lower, or Luma 7.1, but if I have Luma3DS 8.1.1 will it work???

Wuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just finished it today and the translation was overall pretty good.
I couldn't spot any error and it felt like a commercial product.

Regarding Shu Takumi's approach to make games I can't say the same.
The addition of the jurors like in the PW vs PL crossover was bad for the pacing in every trial.
The penultimate trial was nearly unbearably stretched by this and the true nature of the crime was really predictable so it was a real time waster.
At one point during the investigation in the fifth case you have to check on a piece of evidence 2 times, maybe I was just too hasty but I really didn't like that no matter who was at fault there.
During the trials the Takumi style to offer multiple combinations of evidence and statements that make sense in the current context shines through at multiple occasions and it has to stop.
I think how the AAI series and PW games since 5 are made is just more enjoyable for me.

Reactions: Uwabami

Uwabami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just finished it today and the translation was overall pretty good.
I couldn't spot any error and it felt like a commercial product.

Regarding Shu Takumi's approach to make games I can't say the same.
The addition of the jurors like in the PW vs PL crossover was bad for the pacing in every trial.
The penultimate trial was nearly unbearably stretched by this and the true nature of the crime was really predictable so it was a real time waster.
At one point during the investigation in the fifth case you have to check on a piece of evidence 2 times, maybe I was just too hasty but I really didn't like that no matter who was at fault there.
During the trials the Takumi style to offer multiple combinations of evidence and statements that make sense in the current context shines through at multiple occasions and it has to stop.
I think how the AAI series and PW games since 5 are made is just more enjoyable for me.
The general consensus is that DGS2 is much better and makes you like DGS1 more after you've played it...

bytar

Holy Knight
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Thank you for your perfect work. While the game is so enjoyable to play, the translation itself is flawless.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Note that uninstalling the game within approximately the first two hours after purchase will trigger a refund. This only happens once, so to avoid the refund triggering during the normal patching process:

• Confirm that the game runs as expected
  • Uninstall the game
  • Return to the Play Store (the VPN is no longer required)
  • Repurchase and reinstall the game
You may now safelyinstall our patch.

I'm a bit confused. Why would the patching process trigger a refund? Couldn't you just disable the internet during the process?

Uwabami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm a bit confused. Why would the patching process trigger a refund? Couldn't you just disable the internet during the process?
The refund is triggered, because the unpached APK needs to be uninstalled, before the patched one can be installed. The reason we have to do this is because we don't have CAPCOM's private keys, so Android would complain about overwriting the APK, but uninstalling and re-installing is fine and we wanted the process to work without root. I'm not sure what happens if you cut the internet connection or if we even can do that reliably.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The refund is triggered, because the unpached APK needs to be uninstalled, before the patched one can be installed. The reason we have to do this is because we don't have CAPCOM's private keys, so Android would complain about overwriting the APK, but uninstalling and re-installing is fine and we wanted the process to work without root. I'm not sure what happens if you cut the internet connection or if we even can do that reliably.
Ah ok, thanks. Currently I'm trying to purchase the game. For some reason even with VPN and my japanese store account it says it's not available in my country. Strange cuz I downloaded some japanese apps before, but that was on an older Android version. Maybe Google added some new bullshit geoblock stuff in latest android.

Edit: Never mind, it works now.

Last edited by WiiUBricker,

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok... why can't I sign in on Amazon Japon with my Amazon.fr account? Do I really need an acoount for every Amazon countries?

Uwabami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ok... why can't I sign in on Amazon Japon with my Amazon.fr account? Do I really need an acoount for every Amazon countries?
hm, I think I had to make a new account all those years back, yeah. but I used the same email address, so I forgot about it until you said that just now, lol

TobiasAmaranth

Trophies
Website
werewolfdarkarts.com
XP
Country
United States
I'll ask here, too, in case the Discord group isn't able / comfortable helping. I still run Gateway EmuNAND on my 3DS, and haven't dicked around with it in quite a while. No "Luma" or anything like that. I'd like to get this working, but apparently this isn't just an .ips patch like a lot of older stuff where I mod the file then put it on normally. So, what's the most straight forward method I can use without disrupting my EmuNAND setup and such. I still launch EmuNAND from a DS Profile hack, it's that archaic...

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I kinda forgot about this game. I must have missed all of the translation patch releases after case 1+2, as that's the last I remember hearing of this.
Awesome news that the translation actually got finished though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans