[UPDATE] Super Mario Run Coming for iOS (Android Later)

rdicl2ioa7ia7edycnhw.png

Making a surprise appearance at today's Apple conference, Nintendo’s very own Shigeru Miyamoto announced Super Mario Run for iOS. It will be a runner game borrowing New Super Mario Bros' graphics.

[Update]Below are some in-game screenshots from the conference:

b6ql99rhn5sdqnxnwgoe.jpg n9h3yyoh74brnddo5rzu.png sz3ohtfvlv8npvtwxy07.png

It’ll be a paid app—not free-to-play—and Nintendo says it’s “coming soon” to the App Store, probably out by this holiday.

[Update 2] Speaking to Kotaku, Nintendo added the following: “We do intend to release the game on Android devices at some point in the future.”

Deleted member 370671

Ball of Kawaiiness
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
Do you remember when Nintendo said they would try to "use the unique capabilities of mobile devices to make great exclusive games" or something along those lines?
Oh well. Guess we can't expect Nintendo to try to do something original on the shittiest game market on earth, especially since they began to develop on those devices only because investors wanted to.

Last edited by Deleted member 370671,

Deboog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone and their grandma knew this was coming. I am pleasantly surprised it is not free to play, though. I might even buy it, just to reward Nintendo for having the decency.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It was an eventuality. They would literally be throwing money away if they refused to develop for mobile. In my opinion it's quite unlikely that this will hurt Nintendo hardware sales as these mobile experiences are going to be snippets of what traditional Nintendo games can provide due to limited controls on mobile. For instance I highly doubt they'd ever put a "full" Mario game on mobile with a virtual dpad and buttons - they'll cater to the strengths of the platform with a dumbed-down experience, just as they have here.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For instance I highly doubt they'd ever put a "full" Mario game on mobile with a virtual dpad and buttons

I might wonder if they will say "Nintendo bluetooth controller, we will design all out stuff for it". Moreover though I just wanted to *points as Mario 64 DS*.

Deboog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks a lot better than the other generic endless runners and this game will actually have a finishing line. Can't wait for this to be on Android too.
Have you played Rayman Jungle Run? That game is great. It's less of an auto runner and more of an auto platformer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    dune 2 popcorn bucket
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Many schools use some form of firewall or protection, to prevent certain types of content from being viewable.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, And that haha
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school blocks stuff but allows some stuff, its annoying, they legit can see our screens if they want
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Nah. That popcorns got sand in it :(
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There was a time where we were able to bypass the school's network using a VPN that wasn't blocked on the radar. Can't exactly remember the name, but I was able to watch YouTube.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I used to go on proxy sites but I'm too lazy and it isn't worth it
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Proxy sites, not very effective.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    if ur on a Chromebook and cant change jack about the laptop that's what I gotta use
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    One of the sites that weren't blocked on the school's network was some file uploading sites. I would upload some games, write down the URL and take it to school one day.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security