1. Nerdtendo

Nerdtendo Your friendly neighborhood idiot

United States
    These happen every year. I've never believed them but they are fun to think about. If this happened I bet it would be like the n3ds. Slight boost in cpu for faster loading/smoother gameplay, maybe a 1080p screen, potentially better joycons (?). I don't think it would be more than $400

2. Owenge

Owenge GbaTemp browser

United States
    Two of the same stories got posted, both with different tittles and thumbnails but overall same meaning :ph34r:

Silent_Gunner likes this.
  3. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

United States
    Most rumors up until now point to a new model, not a completely new line. Anyone expecting or wanting a Switch 2, well, will still be waiting.

If the display is better, that probably means it can at least push more power in handheld mode.

Subtle Demise likes this.
  4. Teletron1

Teletron1 Space Tech Engineer

United States
    I’m sure to go along with BOTW 2 1080p in handheld for those Sharp displays can’t wait for Zelda’s 35th :toot:

5. weatMod

weatMod GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    that's what game updates are for , maybe they will require you to use a phone/tablet like they did with their online at first
    would be funny if they made a home only system with a special pro controller that is split in the middle so you can mount your phone in the middle
    now that would really be trolling some other companies who tried to sue them

Last edited by weatMod, Aug 24, 2020
  6. GoldenBullet

GoldenBullet That One Guy

United States
    Just put some DLSS tech into the switch, thats all it needs.

7. SSG Vegeta

SSG Vegeta GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo made a home console only Nintendo Switch to appeal to people who only want a home console. It wouldn't replace the hybrid it would just be another option.

Silent_Gunner likes this.
  8. DiscostewSM

DiscostewSM GBAtemp Guru

United States
    This must be the upgraded unit rumored for 2018.....and 2019.....and 2020........

9. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    then it wont be a switch since it cant actualy switch lol, it will be just a nintendo console :P

10. 64bitmodels

64bitmodels GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    the ps5 doesnt even have 32 gb of ddr5 let alone 64, and thats a home console
    what makes you think that the switch will even hit 64gb of ram
    at the most im expecting 8gb of ram alongside a 6.9 inch screen and 1080p on handheld and tv
    maybe performance boosts in games like BOTW and luigi's mansion 3

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

lets be real here tho, dsi and new 3ds came 4 years after release. its nearing the end of the switch's 3rd year.

11. Moon164

Moon164 GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    I admit that a Nintendo Switch similar to Playstation TV would be very attractive to me.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I really don't really care about "playing on the go'', in fact, I prefer to play on the comfort of my couch looking at my TV with a much bigger screen, If Nintendo were able to release only a ''home console version of the Nintendo Switch'' similar to what Sony did with the Playstation TV and costing around $100 or $150 I would buy it without even thinking twice, I just want to play , I don't care if it's on a portable or not.

If the price were attractive, it would be very welcome in emerging countries like Brazil.

All Nintendo Switch games are compatible with dock or tabletop mode.

Ironically, not all games are compatible with the portable mode (like Super Mario Party, 1/2 Switch, Just Dance, Nintendo Labo, etc...)

Last edited by Moon164, Aug 24, 2020
    weatMod likes this.
  12. jupitteer

jupitteer cum

Antarctica
    idc at all about upgraded resolution they should just improve the processor and joycons / ergonomics

64bitmodels likes this.
  13. Dartz150

Dartz150 Yet another Onii-chan

Mexico
    Here goes another gimmick that is used by two games only and then is forgotten forever *EHEM!!* HD rumble and IR camera
    *EHEM!!*

slaphappygamer likes this.
  14. king_leo

king_leo Real Hero

It’s absolutely long overdue, a nice OLED 1080p screen and the ability to use wireless headphones without a dumb adapter (still baffles me you that you need an adapter) is what the switch should have been

Right now my hacked Vita is a better experience over the original switch

15. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

United States
    Maybe I'll be wrong, but I doubt the screen is going be an Oled.

16. 64bitmodels

64bitmodels GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    ofc lol, 1 is a hacked console and the other isnt.
    in all seriousness tho, i dont find it that long overdue, i think its right on time in fact
    considering that the new gen consoles are around the corner it makes sense to release an upgrade

17. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    i mean they have the switch lite which they could have made compatible with a dock or using its own dock and they haven't made it compatible at all, never understood why tough.

imo if there is a switch pro which im doubting since they say that every year im guessing they will just ram up the cpu clock and gpu to like regular values instead of underclocked and call it a pro since their new system uses a much lower voltage and makes much less heat which shows how switch v2 batery life is much better, which means a switch pro could have a smaller batery life than switch v2 and probably use 2ghz cpu and 1ghz gpu with afew changes which are default speeds of their own chip they use.

it would make games much better performance wise imo and they could put a 1080p screen since many games on portable would be able to be 1080 specialy the not so heavy titles imo.

18. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    I would rather have Nintendo's new console compete directly to the PS5 and Xbox Series X but I doubt.

64bitmodels likes this.
  19. shadow1w2

shadow1w2 Still here.

United States
    An upgraded Switch would be nice but they'd need to make a significant jump in tech to entice the current install base.
    It might just be another small quiet revision.
    I think it smarter to make an add-on or TV only Switch that acts as a dock and works in tandem optionally with a regular/lite switch via streaming and data sharing.
    Let the TV unit do the high res and better performance then leave the regular/lite switch as is as a handheld.
    Maybe even discontinue the old switch and sell the complete Switch experience as two products TV and Lite then make more money without pushing the install base to upgrade their main unit.

Though heck these days I'm dying for an affordable handheld x86 machine for the freedom it would give despite the issues.

Last edited by shadow1w2, Aug 24, 2020
  20. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Sweden
    Ha-Ha! We see your modchip, let us present this Switch!

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - [UPDATE], upgraded, Nintendo