[UPDATE] PUBG Mobile Available Now For Android and iOS in the U.S.

pubg mobile.jpg

The battle royale phenomenon PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG) has been released for Android and iOS devices today!

Following a soft launch with "large amounts of positive feedback" in Canada last week, PUBG Mobile is now rolling to a wider audience. It is available in the U.S.
as of today, with "more regions will be added at a later date" according to Tenacent, the mobile gaming giant that collaborated for the game's development.

In the same vein as the console/PC version, PUBG Mobile pits 100 players onto a remote 8x8 km island for a winner-takes-all showdown. Players have to locate and scavenge their own weapons, vehicles and supplies, and defeat every player in a graphically and tactically rich battleground that forces players into a shrinking play zone.

unnamed (2).jpg

unnamed (1).jpg unnamed (3).jpg unnamed.jpg

At an unbeatable price of free PUBG Mobile's recommended specs for Android is OS 5.1.1 or above and at least 2 GB RAM. Apple devices require iOS 9.0 or later to play the game.

UPDATE:

It seems like the game is now rolling out to countries outside the U.S.! Being currently in a European country myself, I can confirm that it is available on the Google Play Store.

:download: PUBG Mobile on Google Play
:download: PUBG Mobile on App Store

Last edited by Prans,

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
while it's not my favorite game in the world, it's pretty cool that we're getting full ports of console/pc games on our smartphones

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

They did that because they don’t want to be worse than fortnite
it's possible to be worse than fortnite?

JellyPerson

https://discord.gg/BMVma8j
Banned
Trophies
Website
https.htp
XP
Country
Korea, North
Has anyone tried this on the Shield TV? That's the only platform I intend to get this on rn

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

it's possible to be worse than fortnite?

Fortnite is a weird way to say "gay ripoff of pubg"

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
And then the devs of PUBG claimed Fortnite stole ideas from them
It's pretty curious how they released a mobile port after Fortnite did it huh?

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe they should actually work on making the various other versions and ports so they arnt unoptimized trash, and they wonder why they are losing out to fortnite

Reactions: Osha

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It's cool that mobile is getting more proper games, but this is going to control like shit unless you have a bluetooth gamepad. Anyone playing against PC players is going to be severely disadvantaged. If it even lets you play against PC players that is...

Reactions: Xzi and hurrz

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It's cool that mobile is getting more proper games, but this is going to control like shit unless you have a bluetooth gamepad. Anyone playing against PC players is going to be severely disadvantaged. If it even lets you play against PC players that is...
There's no way it'd match mobile against PC, consoles won't even play shooters with PC.

But yeah, touchscreen gaming is bad. Doubly so for shooters.

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: AlanJohn

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
There's no way it'd match mobile against PC, consoles won't even play shooters with PC.

But yeah, touchscreen gaming is bad. Doubly so for shooters.
Consoles are kind of a special case because most of the time they're locked into their own ecosystem. Mobile has no such restrictions. Maybe it wouldn't be the best idea to match mobile users up with PC users, but it should still be an option so that you can play with your PC gamer friends if you'd like.

TheRealNGB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And then the devs of PUBG claimed Fortnite stole ideas from them
It's pretty curious how they released a mobile port after Fortnite did it huh?

To be fair the standard fortnite game was not getting a whole lot of hype around it until they just happen to decide to launch battle royale at the same time bluhole was releasing pubg, knowing that pubg was using the unreal engine, Epic has even publicly stated they were inspired by pubg to produce it, this isn't the first time Epic has been known to do stuff like this, remember the Too Human lawsuit, Silicon Knights essentially got buried by Epic after they tried to sue for Epic with holding engine updates while pooring resources into Gears of War.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.