Firmware [UPDATE] PS Vita firmware 3.72 released, does NOT blacklist Bitter Smile (h-encore²)

RattletraPM Aug 27, 2019.

1. retrofan_k

retrofan_k GBAtemp Addict

May 31, 2013
    Belarus
    Caves
    Slap my ass and call me Sally.

Seriously, just leave the Vita alone Sony and screw protecting your IP, as you didnt give a toss about it in the first place with supporting the VIta and you let it die, yet Henkaku/H-Encore, etc, actually took it off life support.

2. DragonBoy

DragonBoy Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 30, 2003
    Greece
    What's their problem?! They have killed the system a long time ago anyways!

3. huma_dawii

huma_dawii GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    Planet Earth
    This is so annoying > : (

4. PedroxBest

PedroxBest Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 2, 2019
    Brazil
    Italva-RJ, Brazil
    TheFloW: Welp, Sony doesn't want to see us having fun. They just released FW 3.72 which blacklisted the userland exploit.
    ME: a

5. Xalusc

Xalusc Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 7, 2013
    Brazil
    That place with soccer and drugs
    If you're under 3.71, you shouldn't update in the first place.

6. |<roni&g

|<roni&g GBAtemp Regular

Nov 18, 2010
    United States
    UK
    What pieces of crap Sony are with the Vita, people pick up off the ground what Sony dropped and bring it to life, then Sony attempts to hold it down. Where were all the western games for Vita, where’s GTA? Where’s the wrestling game?
    Sony need to back off n accept their device is in other hands now, hands that give more of a damn than they did, so glad I didn’t get one at launch

7. digipimp75

digipimp75 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 16, 2014
    United States
    It's funny how Sony didn't give a sh*t about supporting the Vita with software, but oh those firmware updates will keep coming as soon as an exploit is found!

GuyInDogSuit likes this.
  8. dragonmaster

dragonmaster THE WALKER

Sep 9, 2005
    Greece
    sony killed the vita but refuses to give it a rest , i ve been tired of these cat and mouse games ....
    i still remember the claims on vita library and the dissapointment following my purchase.....

9. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Guru

Jan 2, 2009
    Germany
    I mean, that was kind of to be expected, wasn't it?

10. chrisrlink

chrisrlink Intel Pentium III Hamster inside

Aug 27, 2009
    United States
    inside your crappy old PC
    DAMN I SAW TWO GOOD VITAS SITING AT A B&m STORE I didn't have enough money though for even 1

11. raxadian

raxadian GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 10, 2018
    Argentina
    Sony no longer makes PSPs but still sells digital PSP games. Sony no longer makes Vitas but still sells digital Vita games.

As long as it keep making money out of it, Sony will keep updating the Vita firmware to prevent.piracy.

However, the Vita won't be compatible with the PS5, so they eventually will let it die.

Last edited by raxadian, Aug 27, 2019
  12. Reynardine

Reynardine Wrote in ancient letters, my name is Reynardine

Aug 14, 2018
    Germany
    Negativland
    I wonder why Sony even cares at this point. If only they'd supported the Vita as fiercely as they are fixing security holes now.

A fantastic console that's almost completely useless without homebrew access because of its lack of games.

GuyInDogSuit likes this.
  13. th3joker

th3joker GBAtemp Fan

Dec 30, 2015
    United States
    after working as a game qa tester i have a better understanding of why sony would still maintain the vita. its to show face to the 3rd party developers that sony will continue to protect their platforms from piracy. if they didnt then there would be lost faith and developers would be hesitant to ever develope for another sony handheld. just like how a dev studio must fully fuck over anyone who works for them and leaks info or worst game code.

14. Kubas_inko

Kubas_inko "Something funny goes here."

Feb 3, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I gues on earth.
    Our console is dead. Nobody is making games for it. We don't even acknowledge it's existence. But let's also stop people from using it.

GuyInDogSuit likes this.
  15. raxadian

raxadian GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 10, 2018
    Argentina
    There is no new Sony handheld and the PSP game sales greatly outsold the Vita game sales for years despite the Vita being much harder to hack. To the point Sony started to put the sale data of PSP and Vita together.

Unlike the 3DS, the Vita haven't had new games in a while, the only reason Sony keeps updating the firmware is because they still sell digital PSP and Vita games.

16. MrVtR

MrVtR GBAtemp Regular

Sep 30, 2017
    Brazil
    Someone knows if this video is real? I watched many videos of this channel,but idk if it's true,cuz TheFlow0 didn't tweet something like this today

17. Omer

Omer GBAtemp Regular

May 13, 2014
    why not ? the h-encore 2 still runs on 3.71 I guess !

18. Xalusc

Xalusc Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 7, 2013
    Brazil
    That place with soccer and drugs
    Doesn't matter. You can't update to 3.71 now anyway, and 3.72 is unhackable as of now.

3.60 and 3.65 are and will probably always be the BEST firmwares to be on. Anything else is objectively worse.

19. 8BitWonder

8BitWonder Small Homebrew Dev

Jan 23, 2016
    United States
    47 4F 54 20 45 45 4D
    You wouldn't want to update to 3.71 because h-encore2 has a pretty bad success rate (25%) compared to the 100% rate of enso on 3.60/3.65.
    Plus there isn't a way to downgrade from 3.71 without softbricking yet.

You could do it manually with the 3.71 PUP from safe mode (this is how folks are fixing after attempting to downgrade), but why anyone would want to is beyond me.

Last edited by 8BitWonder, Aug 27, 2019
  20. Omer

Omer GBAtemp Regular

May 13, 2014
    Because I want to be on the last firmware so that all games work with no need for patching