Hacking Update out of region retail carts on Gateway Classic mode

boomie0123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is something like this even possible? Essentially, I have a US Smash cart and want to play it on my JPN N3ds running emunand 9.5. I can't access the save data on the cart because it has been used with the update before. Being on a JPN N3DS, I'm also unable to download the update from the eshop (Though I tried getting the Japanese Smash update, but it didn't work), and since I'm in Classic mode, an installed .cia wouldn't work with my retail cart.

Any ideas?

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
yeah you have a problem... sorry :(
at the moment nothing can be done, since as you say, the save will not work in gw mode

boomie0123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking that maybe doing your region change, downloading the update through the US eshop, then switching back, but then I realized that there's no decrypted NAND tools available for the N3DS yet... so, still screwed. :unsure:

alin72

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could probably dump the rom and the save so that you can play it in gateway mode.. And there should be a way to convert the rom into cia files then you could install the update using cia as well.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
You could probably dump the rom and the save so that you can play it in gateway mode.. And there should be a way to convert the rom into cia files then you could install the update using cia as well.

sure, but his save will not be playable in gw mode because it is using the newer encryption

Reactions: boomie0123

boomie0123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I might be wrong but doesn't save data filler store saves in unencrypted form on the SD card?

Savedatafiler can only be used in Gateway mode and retail carts can only be used in Classic Mode. So there'd be no way to get the unencrypted save file.

NicEXE

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
Savedatafiler can only be used in Gateway mode and retail carts can only be used in Classic Mode. So there'd be no way to get the unencrypted save file.
If you install sdf on sysnand, can it be launched outside of GW mode? I mean its nintendo-signed code, right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: