Hacking Update, or not Update FW (Hacking/Homebrew related)

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been away from posting on here for bit. I come back, and people are saying to go ahead and update to 5.5.1? My system is currently on 5.3.2 (Spoof to 5.5.1). If I update, I have a few questions before I make the big jump:

- Will I lose out on current stuff (Saviine, TCP Gecko, etc.)?
- Is 5.5.1 the latest FW update?
- How should I go about doing update if it is safe to do so?

If I do update and it is safe to do so (I don't want to miss out on IOSU, Homebrew, etc.), how do I go about blocking future updates/FW if any are released?

Thoughts and help GREATLY appreciated :)

Stevo_l33

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been away from posting on here for bit. I come back, and people are saying to go ahead and update to 5.5.1? My system is currently on 5.3.2 (Spoof to 5.5.1). If I update, I have a few questions before I make the big jump:

- Will I lose out on current stuff (Saviine, TCP Gecko, etc.)?
- Is 5.5.1 the latest FW update?
- How should I go about doing update if it is safe to do so?

If I do update and it is safe to do so (I don't want to miss out on IOSU, Homebrew, etc.), how do I go about blocking future updates/FW if any are released?

Thoughts and help GREATLY appreciated :)
No, yes and just use a stable wifi connection that is not blocking your WiiU from updating and you can update in the system settings like normal! And then for the last part of your question you can re-enable any block tactics you had prior. As far as I've read up you will not lose any perks (I didn't lose anything from 5.3.2) and still have the same homebrew and backups from before. So it's kinda just up to yourself longer story short if you want to update. Team Fail and many other devs are encouraging people to get current.

ADS3500

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
5.5.1 has all of the exploits that 5.3.2 has, and apparently they're more stable on 5.5.1.

5.5.1 is the latest and you can just update through system settings. Look up tubehax DNS and set that up. It will block future updates.

Reactions: Deleted User

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, yes and just use a stable wifi connection that is not blocking your WiiU from updating and you can update in the system settings like normal! And then for the last part of your question you can re-enable any block tactics you had prior. As far as I've read up you will not lose any perks (I didn't lose anything from 5.3.2) and still have the same homebrew and backups from before. So it's kinda just up to yourself longer story short if you want to update. Team Fail and many other devs are encouraging people to get current.

What is the best way to block updates? I tried block list in router settings, but not sure if working or not. Is Tubehax DNS more reliable, or is there one better?

ADS3500

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What is the best way to block updates? I tried block list in router settings, but not sure if working or not. Is Tubehax DNS more reliable, or is there one better?
You can set up both Tubehax and chncdcksnhax. Change the DNS' to 107.211.140.065 and 104.236.072.203. If you want to be extra safe, turn off auto updating and the quick start menu.

ADS3500

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
how do i do this exactly? what is dns and secondary dns? what do i do?
Go to internet settings, select your internet connection, then select DNS. Select do not auto obtain, then type the numbers in my previous comment. You can check if it worked by trying to access the eshop. If it gives you an error, it worked.

Mr Objection

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
CqMbRB6UEAALWJl.jpg

how do i do this exactly? what is dns and secondary dns? what do i do?
With this thing in the Image

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Just do it!

I already did so, I simply disabled the Parental Control from my router (since I already had Nintendo's Domains blocked) to do the update, one it finished I reenabled it again from my phone and that was it.

As for the your other questions, 5.5.1 has access and the same compatibility as a 5.3.2 user right now.
The kernel exploit leaked a few months ago made 5.5.1 as stable and compatible with the rest of the homebrew apps already developed for 5.3.2, so really you have nothing to lose here.

Besides, the SALT devs have already suggested to all users who are in any FW version below 5.5.1 to update now that said version is the latest available online before Nintendo drops any other updates down the road.

Reactions: the_randomizer

Stevo_l33

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's an edit in my other post if you really REALLY want a website but everyone here has said it best. Relax fam, just do it!

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just do it!

I already did so, I simply disabled the Parental Control from my router (since I already had Nintendo's Domains blocked) to do the update, one it finished I reenabled it again from my phone and that was it.

As for the your other questions, 5.5.1 has access and the same compatibility as a 5.3.2 user right now.
The kernel exploit leaked a few months ago made 5.5.1 as stable and compatible with the rest of the homebrew apps already developed for 5.3.2, so really you have nothing to lose here.

Besides, the SALT devs have already suggested to all users who are in any FW version below 5.5.1 to update now that said version is the latest available online before Nintendo drops any other updates down the road.

And with Breath of the Wild, that may or may not have a newer firmware update or require one, so better to be safe than sorry. Glad I'm on 5.5.1 as well. That, and eShop access is stated to be easier to accomplish.

Dvdxploitr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get a second Wii U console....they can be bought rather cheap w/o a gamepad (around $100 or less depending on where you find it) and have one on your current firmware and update the other. Whenever the 5.5.1 IOSU exploit is released, decide what to do with the other console...if 5.5.1 is still available, update it and sell it as an exploitable system or just keep it as a back-up....

Reactions: Deleted-355425

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok... I updated from 5.3.2 (Spoof 5.5.1) to real 5.5.1. I am wondering if there is a good site/page I could go to in Wii U Browser that hosts 5.5.1 Kexploit, enable cheats for PyGecko/TCP Gecko? Also, I read on another thread that on 5.5.1, it doesn't show you anything whether or not Kexploit was successful? Thoughts and clarification on all this greatly appreciated :)

ADS3500

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok... I updated from 5.3.2 (Spoof 5.5.1) to real 5.5.1. I am wondering if there is a good site/page I could go to in Wii U Browser that hosts 5.5.1 Kexploit, enable cheats for PyGecko/TCP Gecko? Also, I read on another thread that on 5.5.1, it doesn't show you anything whether or not Kexploit was successful? Thoughts and clarification on all this greatly appreciated :)
Loadiine.ovh

ADS3500

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wait... What? How do I do that? I don't really want to self host files...

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Just go to that website in the Wii U's browser and everything is there. You have to load the kernel exploit once, then go back to the website and it will load whatever option you chose.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Miyoo are basically repurposed blackberry displays believe it or not I always take my miyoo on the go
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    @K3Nv2 You joke but this was amazing for 10 year old me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TC6adnfSaew&ab_channel=IGN
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Install onionos also if you haven't already
    It still looks dope.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Amazingly I didn't really care for the GBA
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye, dragon quest 4 bored me
    Let's play.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I should add a 256gb card in mine and load like 100ps1 titles to it eventually I will
    Will you play them all?
    I've only ever played Castlevania Symphony of the Night from PS1.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We don't play games here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, I dont have one of those but gbarunner2 in twilight menu works quite decently for me
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Don't get me wrong GBA absolutely had some great games but overall the sound and graphics just meh to me
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The remastered crash bandicoot was pretty decent ngl
    @Xdqwerty I had a NDS long ago, but L and R broke very fast.
    My sister had a N3DS XL and it suffered the same fate.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl the L button barely worked at all in the dsi i previously had
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    my dad bought me a dsi identical to that one
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That could be an easy fix without even opening it with some ipa maybe unless the entire button broke
    That´s why I never got any handheld before the Switch.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, thats why patches exist
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds games are best played on a DS emulation is fine but having actual hardware is better obviously
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or N3ds/2Ds
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, or most "gimmicky" consoles
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah the dual screen makes them better because that's how they were developed for
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nah the dual screen makes them better because that's how they were developed for +1