Supergluey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey Everyone!!

I just got my Australian New 3DS and its great!
However, where I live right now, there aren't many places to get European Games ( since it's region locked to PAL games)

I noticed that you can go through the e-shop to download some of the games and I figure I could get some classic games while I wait for Gateway to be updated.

Anyways my question is, when I got my N3DS I got 9.0.0.-20 firmware.
However it wants me to update to 9.2 firmware.

According to gateway, its okay to update to 9.2 and I really want to use the eshop.. so should i update?

Thanks for your responses!!

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Go for it. 9.2 is still compatible with whatever exploit they're using, so there's really no reason to not be on the latest firmware if you're already over 4.5.

aresary

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The GW-Team said, that the exploit does also work with 9.0. Since smealums release and GWs announcement, i think you should stay on 9.0.
Nintendo is one of the worlds biggest companys. They won't let the 3DS take that damage. Even if it seems that there's no new update.

D

Deleted-355425

i updated one of mine, go for it. why wait on a lower firmware when you can get the official patch and still use gateway.

Supergluey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks everyone for their comments.

mech, Its because i'm afraid that if i update and since i can't downgrade, if any exploit needed 9.0 or lower, then i'm screwed.
I know officially gateway had said 9.0 -9.2 updates will be supported.

However, you wouldn't know if they did or not. Its safer to be at a lower update than the latest.

Saying that, I will update it after the video released by gateway today.
I will at least able to play some retail games before gateway releases the update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.