Hacking Question Update on temp banned switch hoping for some advise

Hacknslash0104

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so 1month is well over now and i decide to call nintendo up and they told me to send in my switch for "review" and it isn't covered by warranty. i had reseted my switch around 20 days ago, u think anything would happen if i decide to send it in? can they still track it after factory reset?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was under the impression that resetting to factory defaults had no affect on the history of the console. it would be too easy to bypass that way.

Hacknslash0104

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
History doesn’t really matter cuz they found it then banned me so they “know” the history. What I’m tryna say is would it pass the “exam” they’ll give my switch if I send it in cuz of it was cleaned they might give me replacements cuz its gone

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do they even repair hacked systems? they might just return it to you. there's probably some sort of diagnostics thing they use. personally, if it's not under warranty, I'd just buy a new system. I'm sure the price to repair a faulty switch will be over $100 (without the dock). they say you need to put everything (even the dock or joy cons) in plastic bags when you send it, so that nothing gets lost and so they can check everything. plus, I think it's only a 90 day warranty for repairs.

Hacknslash0104

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do they even repair hacked systems? they might just return it to you. there's probably some sort of diagnostics thing they use. personally, if it's not under warranty, I'd just buy a new system. I'm sure the price to repair a faulty switch will be over $100 (without the dock). they say you need to put everything (even the dock or joy cons) in plastic bags when you send it, so that nothing gets lost and so they can check everything. plus, I think it's only a 90 day warranty for repairs.
asked them they say under warranty, and if its banned: give ya back ur switch
no ban: replace
so im trying to see if i can "clean my system" so itll appear to be "clean" at the time. obviously i cant clean history

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
don't know. I've never heard of anyone sending in a banned system. they know that a system is still under warranty based on the serial number, which you need to input when you set up the repair. that's how I knew I got a different system. since mine wasn't patched, it's possible that they don't check things thoroughly. there's probably been a lot of systems sent to them for repairs, so going over everything might be too lengthy a process. I once read of someone in one of the big three camps actually having so much overtime from repairing systems that he bought a new car with the money.

Only1chance

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
In the worst case, they return it as is and fix nothing. In the best case... No wait.. worst as well... They return a patched functional switch... Either way, just buy a lite.

Hacknslash0104

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the worst case, they return it as is and fix nothing. In the best case... No wait.. worst as well... They return a patched functional switch... Either way, just buy a lite.
Does patches functional switch mean it can go online or no, it doesn’t really matter if I can hack it again or not

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you should be able to go online with a patched system. I don't know the specifics of what's patched, but it should behave like any normal switch (just hacking is either currently not possible or you're limited in what you can do).

Only1chance

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Oh.. ok.. if you don't care for hacking then go ahead, you either get the same thing back.. or get a working on. No loss there.

RareKirby

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Getting unban is really rare. I've never heard anyone that has gotten unban besides my gf. Who's switch I'm using now. She was falsely banned though, she never hacked her switch but Nintendo banned her cause she played with a hacker. Her switch was recently unbanned and now I'm hacking it

Last edited by RareKirby,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
don't know about nintendo, but sony blatantly claims not to make mistakes when banning someone. it's supposed to be checked and rechecked.

Reactions: Ecko3351

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended