Hacking Update old A9LH screeninit to new A9LH noscreeninit?

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
OK, so I currently have the old un-merged screeninit A9LH on my New 3DS XL, and I've recently heard about the new merged version. Which makes me say: is it really safe to update my A9LH to this new version and not cause a brick?

Wander's Hat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, but as long as you do the following:
  1. Use the latest stable releases of SafeA9LHInstaller 2.x.
  2. You use the two payloads of the same group (no mixing two payloads).
  3. Use the latest stable versions of the payload.
Sounds scary, yes, and I was scared of updating myself. But Plailect's guide is very well-written, makes sure you get the latest versions and gets you through it really easily.
On the software side, SafeA9LHInstaller is designed to prevent most bricks, and actually updates payloads very quickly.

I'd also suggest updating your system too, if you haven't already. If you're on A9LH, you don't need to stick to an old version since A9LH protects you from most bricks and custom firmware will protect your A9LH from being deleted by the update. If you're scared about it, back your NAND up using Hourglass9 then use Luma3DS to update as it always protects the FIRM partition from being written to and it never gives the option to disable it.

Reactions: CatmanFan

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
Yes, but as long as you do the following:
  1. Use the latest stable releases of SafeA9LHInstaller 2.x.
  2. You use the two payloads of the same group (no mixing two payloads).
  3. Use the latest stable versions of the payload.
Sounds scary, yes, and I was scared of updating myself. But Plailect's guide is very well-written, makes sure you get the latest versions and gets you through it really easily.
On the software side, SafeA9LHInstaller is designed to prevent most bricks, and actually updates payloads very quickly.

I'd also suggest updating your system too, if you haven't already. If you're on A9LH, you don't need to stick to an old version since A9LH protects you from most bricks and custom firmware will protect your A9LH from being deleted by the update. If you're scared about it, back your NAND up using Hourglass9 then use Luma3DS to update as it always protects the FIRM partition from being written to and it never gives the option to disable it.
I followed Plailect's guide before it was reduced from five parts to three parts. Does that still mean it is safe?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Ohkay