[UPDATE] Nintendo Switch firmware update version 12.0.3 available, only to be pulled after issues

Untitled.png

Are you ready to rumble? The Switch sure isn't, because it's so stable. A brand new firmware update has been pushed out, bringing the Nintendo hybrid system to software version 12.0.3. As usual, the patch notes don't offer a single bit of insight as to what this update brings to the table, so if you're curious about what's going on under the hood, be sure to wait it out and get the all-clear from the usual knowledgable sources and devs.

Ver. 12.0.3 (Released June 7, 2021)
General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience.

:arrow: Source

UPDATE: SciresM has commented on the matter. It appears Atmosphere users will need an update, which will happen soon, likely sometime tomorrow.

UPDATE 2: Reports are going around that the update has been pulled, as it causes issues with downloading games from the eShop. Supposedly, the update is still live on Nintendo's servers, but Switch consoles now default back to seeing 12.0.2 as the most recent update. Be wary of any issues, if you did update, and share any experiences. Nintendo still has the 12.0.3 announcement post live on their official website.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One system let me download it via the cloud icon; the other won't.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

BTW, I tried deleting network settings and reinputting them like Nintendo said to do. It didn't work.

Something whatever

Gazer of the East
Trophies
Website
www.pixiv.net
XP
Country
United States
One system let me download it via the cloud icon; the other won't.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

BTW, I tried deleting network settings and reinputting them like Nintendo said to do. It didn't work.
try using googles DNS, i tried that *still doesnt work* but I heard it worked for some

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went through the trouble-shooting steps to get my Mario switch to download game builder garage. turning off the system, then turning it back on didn't work. however, resetting the cache did. to reset the cache, go into system settings, down to formatting options, reset cache (top option). I think it deletes your password (didn't check), but I was able to download game builder garage from the cloud option after that with no problems. I'm going to buy alex kidd on I think the 22nd just to test if it's corrected. I'll do the same to my other two switches if it works on this one. alex kidd is only $19.99, I believe, so not much will be lost if it doesn't download. :D

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it seems like that download was a fluke. I just tried downloading both demos, both error'd instantly. downloading with the cloud icon also error'd. I will not be buying alex kidd to check.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, especially after Nintendo mentioned several games that would be available for preorder from the eshop yesterday during their E3 press conference. I want several of those games, but I sure as hell am not going to preorder them on the eshop and risk not being able to download them. I will not be buying retail at all either.

burhansalih

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I updated my Switch and it got 12.0.3.

I don't seem to have any download or eshop issues, but only the News app isn't working for me. Could this be a side effect of this update?

The update was pulled the server side was fixed then the firmware was reinstated....news app does seem to be having issues though.

Reactions: Jiehfeng

2DSGamerdude

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I'm in Europe and I got the bugged update...
I can't believe it still isn't really fixed...

yeah, nintendo really messed up on that one,
i hope they come out with a fix update soon, like 12.0.4 for example.
in the past an update they made broke something, and then they relased a fix update,
so they should do the same now i hope.

i did get the update on my system, but didn't install it, i
just went online to check something on the eshop and it was downlaoded,
but i removed it from my system by going into recovery mode (power + Minus/plus buttons)
and the update file (12.3) was gone,

im staying on 12.2 until nintendo fixes the problem with 12.3 with 12.4.
luckly the ehsop and games don't need the update 1.3 to work, not sure about new games/pacthes etc?

good thing for recovery mode that it can remove the update, and it works on offlical FW too :)

Reactions: pcwizard7

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, nintendo really messed up on that one,
i hope they come out with a fix update soon, like 12.0.4 for example.
in the past an update they made broke something, and then they relased a fix update,
so they should do the same now i hope.

i did get the update on my system, but didn't install it, i
just went online to check something on the eshop and it was downlaoded,
but i removed it from my system by going into recovery mode (power + Minus/plus buttons)
and the update file (12.3) was gone,

im staying on 12.2 until nintendo fixes the problem with 12.3 with 12.4.
luckly the ehsop and games don't need the update 1.3 to work, not sure about new games/pacthes etc?

good thing for recovery mode that it can remove the update, and it works on offlical FW too :)

all three of my systems are updated. had to in order to get game builder garage. game won't download otherwise. I had a heck of a time getting the game to download to two of my systems, the first system it was preloaded on before the latest update. anyway, I can't download squat. the age of calamity dlc comes out tomorrow, which I preordered. I'm not sure if it's preloaded. if it is, it's only on my primary switch. I'll check that before I try downloading mario golf, which should preload tomorrow, I think. I cancelled my preorder of the game due to download issues. though, I think Nintendo offers refunds, since it's part of their automated help. there's a section to request refunds. I might do that if I can't download mario golf, because I'm thinking about preordering it again.

btw, I called Nintendo, and the download error that you get now with the latest update is mentioned. they say keep trying later in the day, which is bullshit. I don't know if Nintendo is really fixing the problem. you're able to preorder several of the games shown during their e3 presentation. however, who's going to trust the download system after all these problems?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Check cpuid make sure ram sockets are detected
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    (and i'm fibered, 5gb shared downloads, 1gb upload)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or even in bios
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    its mostly when starting firefox that it's noticible slower. Opening and loading the homepage. Tried fresh installs and all.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Knowing your system specs would help
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    if you're in win 11, have you checked which graphical processor Firefox was using ?
    after it's open, its a bit slower too at loading pages, but not as noticeable as the initial startup and homepage loading
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    can make a little difference
    You mean as in hardware acceleration on or off?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Went to make cup noodles, spilled boiling water on me then the kettle decided to pop
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why I saw a kettle with wifi
    Will try that now
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    ouch @K3Nv2 hope nothing's too bad !
    xda a good site. My go to site for phone shit. :)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Females have burnt me worse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    females don't exist
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Tamales exist.
    +1
    Setting FF to max performance on my gpu made it slower. lol. Tried it on Edge too just to see, and it made Edge slower too. lol
    Thanks for trying. :)
    ill just use edge and watch nintendo videos on firefox. lolol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The everything beagle cup noodles are actually pretty decent
    dog noodles. mmmmmm.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    monkey brains
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: monkey brains