Update NEEDED to see MP3 in title screen?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Ninjaserver, Aug 29, 2007.

Aug 29, 2007
  1. Ninjaserver
    OP

Newcomer Ninjaserver Newbie

United States
    Hey there. I just burnt Mp3 2 times on the same media I have been using with the same prog. same speed. etc that I have used with 100% success. It does not show up in the disc channel screen. I hit the screen to see what happens (when it usually shows the two spinning wii/gamecube discs) and I got the "perform update" screen. Do I need to do that before the game will show up on the disc channel. I haven't read anyone else saying this.
    Thanks for any help
    I am on NTSC-U 2.2U with wiikey

2. shaunj66

Administrator shaunj66 Administrator

United Kingdom
    Yes you need to update your Wii before the game can run. If you have an NTSC console then you needn't worry about it. Just run the update all the way through

3. T-hug

Chief Editor T-hug Always like this.

pip
    United Kingdom
    Afaik you need to run that update to play it. Theres loads of threads on this already, some even pinned.

4. Ninjaserver
    OP

United States
    No, this isn't about PLAYING the game. Trust me, I'm sick of reading the same questions over and over again about this game and the updates. I know the update is needed.
    I am simply talking about it showing up in the disc channel screen as a title. I had not read even 1 post that it doesn't show up there until the update is done.
    I have asked this elsewhere. Has anyone confirmed what the update actually does?

5. shaunj66

Administrator shaunj66 Administrator

United Kingdom
    The game won't show in the disc channel until you update

6. Ninjaserver
    OP

United States
    Thanks for the replies. I am surprised that I hadn't read that anywhere.
    Appreciate the info gang

7. wes84

Newcomer wes84 Newbie

United States

If you BrickBlock, then you see the Game in the Disc Channel, without update ofc.

8. Bloodgod

Member Bloodgod 嵐の王

United States
  9. coolbho3000

Member coolbho3000 GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic

You don't understand, this game actually NEEDS THIS UPDATE to run.

edit:nvm [​IMG]

10. wes84

Newcomer wes84 Newbie

United States

[​IMG]

fact: "The game won't show in the disc channel until you update" This is totaly false information.

You can see the Game in the Disc channel, without the Update. I never said that you can actually play it without the update.

11. Hooya

Member Hooya GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States

I don't know man, it wouldn't show up for me before the update. I had a totally up to date NTSC-U console. It doesn't show up in the console until you click on the disk channel where it will ask for an update. This is the natural way the game works. If you to the brickblocker trick (false update, unplug console) you've spoofed the system but you still needed to get at least this far. Whether it needs the update to run or not doesn't matter, you won't see the disk in the channels until you at least start the update to spoof the system.

12. wes84

Newcomer wes84 Newbie

United States

I have a PAL wii and I haven't updated my system nor did I the unplug "trick. I just wait for a proper workaround or EUR release.
    When I Insert a Brickblocked disc, I can access the Disc Channel. I can also see the Game there and start it. I never said that I can actually play it.

13. Hooya

Member Hooya GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Now I'm the one that's
    [​IMG]

14. wes84

Newcomer wes84 Newbie

United States
    We're prolly talking at cross purposes.

Maybe I don't get what the OP wants...

15. Bloodgod

Member Bloodgod 嵐の王

United States
    I just find it funny that a PAL user is telling a NTSC-U user what to do on an NTSC-U game. That's like me telling a PC users how to install iLife on his Vista computer.

16. Lumstar

Member Lumstar Princess

United States
    Yes, in my case. I upgraded to the latest system version, then bought MP3 a few weeks later. It's preview didn't show up in the disc channel for me until I ran the on-disc update.

17. Bloodgod

Member Bloodgod 嵐の王

United States
    I guess I should say what happened to me. Wii FW is 3.0 disk never showed up until I clicked on the channel and told me to update. I did so and after it was done updating I got a DRE. At first I was shocked cause it DRE'd during an update. But nothing happened rebooted the Wii and MP3:C showed up in the disk channel. Never had a DRE since.

18. Arm73

Member Arm73 GBAtemp Addict

Italy
    I had the same experience.
    I burned the game, and I insert the DVD into the Wii, but the game icon (or game channel) wouldn't show up, only a blank disc was displayed.
    Then when I attempted to run the game, I've been asked to perform an update, even though my NTSC system was up to date.
    Once I performed the update, the game title would show up as usual on the Wii channel.
    I guess it's normal, and I think this is exactly the same thing that happened to Ninjaserver.

19. NiGHtS

Member NiGHtS GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    OOOOOOH MAN, I have duplicate news and forecast channels T_T

20. Disintegrators

Newcomer Disintegrators Newbie

United States
    my wii is 2.2J and its already have double wheather channel after playing mario strikers... when i put MP3 disc and it didnt show up until i load the update from the disc... after that i can get into the game BUT the loading takes forever and all i can hear is that tickling sound on my wii... i think it has to be a bad copy [​IMG]