[Update]Naruto Shippuuden doesn't work

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Kaphis, Mar 4, 2007.

1. Kaphis
    OP

Kaphis GBAtemp Regular

Aug 20, 2006
    Canada
    Richmond

Error Correctoin - PS2/PS3/Wii Scene Forums

So Naruto doesn't work with any mod chip right now (when region free mod I assume, it should work on Jap Wii Consoles right?)

Edit: March 6th: The release have been confirmed to be a bad dump, source confirms that backup of naruto works on his Pal with a wiikey but he made his own backup from his friends legit naruto game.

Edit2: March 10th: No one else on gbatemp.net have gotten it working ==" so I am guess that guy was lying or was smoking some good weed [​IMG]

2. thegame07

thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 16, 2006
    i would guess its a bad dump.

3. xiaNaix

xiaNaix GBAtemp Fan

Nov 14, 2002
    United States
    Detroit, MI
    Since it's not working with any of the modchips, we are assuming it is a bad dump. Every other Japanese game we tested, which was nearly all of the titles released (I'm burning the last few now), worked fine.

4. Kaphis
    OP

Kaphis GBAtemp Regular

Aug 20, 2006
    Canada
    Richmond
    bumpady bump! [​IMG]

March 6th: The release have been confirmed to be a bad dump, source confirms that backup of naruto works on his Pal with a wiikey but he made his own backup from his friends legit naruto game.

5. lenselijer

lenselijer GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 27, 2006
    Netherlands
    Nice [​IMG] My friend will be happy to hear this, lets hope someone propers it.

6. Spikey

Spikey Your Special Someone

Mar 16, 2006
    United States
    Cool. Guess I'll wait for a proper and download that. I'll eventually be getting one of the Wii Modchips, so this is good news. [​IMG]

7. Kaphis
    OP

Kaphis GBAtemp Regular

Aug 20, 2006
    Canada
    Richmond
    I don't know how that guy got it working =="...but so far everyone else on gbatemp doesn't have it work right now so I am going to change my first post

8. rkenshin

rkenshin GBAtemp Fan

Sep 2, 2005
    United States
    This is one bad dump that's taking really long to be nuked..

9. Kaphis
    OP

Kaphis GBAtemp Regular

Aug 20, 2006
    Canada
    Richmond
    cause people are saying its not a bad dump ==!! I don't know anymore

10. peatsk8boi

peatsk8boi Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2006
    I'm using Wiikey and Naruto also doesn't work for me too.

11. NoNameFace

NoNameFace GBAtemp Regular

Mar 9, 2006
    Netherlands
    I guess it is really a region free mod issue because it runs fine on my Japanese Wii with a Wiinja V1.

12. tama_mog

tama_mog Kupo

May 6, 2006
    United States
    doubt it's a bad dump, same issue with Crayon Shinchan on my wii with wiikey, it's a region free bug they have to sort out most likely.

13. niklasnyfiken

niklasnyfiken GBAtemp Regular

Aug 9, 2006
    Swaziland
    Instead of saying "It doesn't work", be more specific. If you can see the game logo but you get a black screen when starting the game, then it's probably the mod chip's fault.

14. mickeyash

mickeyash Member

Newcomer
    Feb 26, 2007
    United States
    Yep. It's the same for everyone. You get the game logo on the Wii menu, then a black screen when you click 'play game'. It's the same if you've got a burned copy, a legit store-bought copy, and any mod chip. The region free patch doesn't fix it. It's something to do with a handful of specific games.

The bottom line right now is: If you have a Japanese Wii you can play it. If you don't, you can't.

The really bad part is that even if they're able to fix this problem, only the people with upgradeable chips will be able to play the game because it'll be a firmware update to the chip.

That or they'll figure out something they can hack in the game image itself and we all have to play modified backup copies.

15. Scholz19

Scholz19 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 13, 2007
    Canada
    Frig my Naruto GNT 4 doesnt work either. Think if i use the freeloader for the GC to load and unlock region free. And then load my backed up copy that it will work? I really wanted to play this game again, and i dont have my gamecube anymore [​IMG] Has anyone heard if they creators of wiikey plan to make an update to fix these problems?

16. D1MX

D1MX GBAtemp Regular

Mar 23, 2007
    United States
    Say it ain't so...*sniff* SAY IT AIN'T SO!!!!!!1

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

This was like one the main reasons why me and some friends invested in getting a Wii+Wiikey early (other than for Zelda), what a waste of dollars and learning how to solder, desolder, and so on.

I might as well look for a Red Steel ISO and burn it and play it. T_T

Hmm...another thing...everytime I re-insert the Wiikey setup disc inside the Wii I have to re-select Region Free "yadda yadda" and save settings again...

Why?!

Doesn't it save settings automatically?

>______< I hate Nintendo...

...all we can do is hope the Wiikey team releases a patch to allow this to work?

17. lenselijer

lenselijer GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 27, 2006
    Netherlands
    first test a game from another region before complaining the regionfree feature doesnt work.

and you could have easily find you that naruto and bleach dont work by looking at the gbatemp wiki.
    these were the first 2 games most people tested when they got their wiikey.

18. mustnap

mustnap GBAtemp Regular

Mar 13, 2007
    United States
    Bleach works on NTSC/U. =)