Update my Wii to 4.2U w/o SoftMod

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by nitrodude150, Jun 19, 2010.

Jun 19, 2010
  1. nitrodude150
    OP

Member nitrodude150 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Ok, so I have a wiikey 1, and because of the firmware update, I don't need any softmods! WHOO! So I'd rather not install any, as per the "Modify Any Wii" Stickied thread. I accidently Updated my Wii to 3.4U so I lost the Trucha Bug (IOS 36?), Also I have HBC installed on IOS 36. I was thinking of restoring the bug using Multi-Mod Manager, and Updating to 4.2U using the stickied thread previous mentioned. But I don't know how to get HBC on the right IOS (61?) So I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction or Proscribe a better way to do this. I took a look at "DopMII" but I got very confused [​IMG] So ya, Any help would be great! THANKS! [​IMG]

2. Riley

Member Riley GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Run a wii system update to 4.2. You should now have IOS61. Now install HBC and it will use it. Or you can just run DOP-Mii and install it.

If you have IOS36 already patched then go into DOP-Mii and select IOS's, BC, Mios. Then select IOS61 and press install.

3. nitrodude150
    OP

United States
  4. Tripp

Member Tripp GBAtemp Regular

United States
    you need some system mods to be able to run wiiware-wads off of a sd card, so research carefully... [​IMG]

5. nitrodude150
    OP

United States
    What if I install the wads onto the wii memory using "Yet another wad installer" ?? [​IMG]