Hacking Update message - running B9s or ah9l (unsure) and Gateway support

Aglae Pheryl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

My kids came to me because they are getting an update message on their N3ds console.
It is running ver. 11.8.0-41E.
I am not sure what hack was used Bçs I believe but it might be a9hl (or something like this)

Should they update? And if they do, do I have to setup anything afterwards to bring it back to what they have now ?

All I know is when I press Power + Start it bring up Godmode9 and pressing Power + Select brings Luma3ds.

BTW, they have been asking me for ages to also bring back Gatewy support if possible as they found it very easy to swap their usd cards. So if someone to guide me a bit that would be awesome.

Thanks

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Check your luma version (either via updater or via luma config menu). If it is 7.0.5 and lower, you have A9LH and you need to upgrade first.
If you have a higher version you have b9s. Idk which version needs which luma version, so try to update your B9S.
Then just replace boot.firm with the one from the latest luma and you can update (although you should already have the latest luma as that's what you download in the guides).

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
what about bringing support for Gateway again (multiboot) ?
Gateway has become shit to what luma3ds is. It requires having a firmware of 11.2 or lower to even work. Thier team has long given up on making updates or anything for gateway. Its a losing battle that you would rather stay away from.

Reactions: SCOTT0852

Aglae Pheryl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I suer understood this long ago but kids... they got used to swapping their games (brother & sister) and sharing a usd card was easier than asking daddy to get a cia file onto the consoles and installing it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte