Homebrew Update luma

Brunorb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi there, i want to update my luma 3ds, i already have installed star updater, in this program show me the version 6.5 of luma, but when i enter configuration on press select, luma menus shows 6.1.
Iam using menuhax luma 3ds, this is the right way to update luma (star updater)?
Thanks

Alter Ratione

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It is but, you can also update - and if you are having those errors as you said I suggest you do - using the .bin file on Luma3ds github. You only have to get the arm9loaderhax.bin and put it into your SD root.

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi there, i want to update my luma 3ds, i already have installed star updater, in this program show me the version 6.5 of luma, but when i enter configuration on press select, luma menus shows 6.1.
Iam using menuhax luma 3ds, this is the right way to update luma (star updater)?
Thanks
Don't use Star Updater; it's outdated and probably no longer supported. Use Luma Updater instead. Alternatively, you can manually update it by downloading the appropriate file from the Luma3DS github releases page.

Brunorb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I tried it manually, download files from github, and paste in sd root, arm.bin
and boot.3ds, but the luma continued on 6.1.1?
I transferred the files with ftp db

Alter Ratione

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
the boot.3ds is not necessary anymore, actually, a lot of the files aren't. It stayed as 6.1.1? oO

Let's see the reason then. Do you use a9lh? Menuhax or any other hax? or System Settings hacks? (PS: To get into Luma cfw)

Alter Ratione

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
yes, but that is how a9lh also works with Luma, difference being you don't need that boot.3dsx on the root of the sd. I think your luma is using some other file from itself as well, otherwise it wouldn't do 6.1 boot from what you said you changed. Try backing up to your pc and removing from your sd the luma folder and if there is anything luma conserned inside the 3ds folder. See if that boots, case it doesnt try putting one back, one at a time, and let's see which one is the cause. Also, if there is Luma3DS.dat or Luma3DS.nds on the root, take it out.

Brunorb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I remove the file Luma3ds.dat, and now 3ds boot no more, only show the logo of the luma and get a black screen...

Alter Ratione

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Alright, so you aren't using menuhax luma. It's either the System Settings or browserhax luma. Put the 6.6 .dat from mset-spider in your root and you should have it updated :)

Brunorb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I put arm.bin, boot.3ds and luma3ds.dat from github 6.6 files on root sd
, and when i reboot 3ds it dont load, just show the luma logo and show black screen

Alter Ratione

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
luma3ds.dat from mset-spider folder? If so, get the .nds from mset and put on root as well, if that works, you are using the System Settings version, then you just need the .nds and the .dat everytime you update.

Alter Ratione

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Last edited by Alter Ratione,

Brunorb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Help, i try to solve the problem and now i get infinity loop boot, i tried to replace luma version 6.1.1 but still in loop...

Alter Ratione

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Help, i try to solve the problem and now i get infinity loop boot, i tried to replace luma version 6.1.1 but still in loop...
define infinity loop boot. Just a black screen or what? Tried to click Select first? If so, put the Dev options on, before looping it should give you an error to pinpoint what's going on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse