pedrobarca

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I have a 9.0 N3DS. I installed a legit cia of Super Smash Bros in sysNAND, it works flawless. Unfortunately it has version 1.0.1 and I would like to update it to 1.0.5. I tried installing a cia of the update, which of course only worked in emuNAND, since it was not signed to work in sysNAND. I also tried to update the game in emuNAND via eShop, but this again resulted in the game only be updated in emuNAND and not in sysNAND.

Any ideas how I can get this update to work in sysNAND? Updating sysNAND and getting it from eShop is naturally no option.

Kirbs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use a different SD card, copy sysnand folders to it, install the update as .cia, copy folders back to other SD card. Then your sysnand will have the update.

Ente

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You can use a different SD card, copy sysnand folders to it, install the update as .cia, copy folders back to other SD card. Then your sysnand will have the update.
Are you sure this will work? I have basically the same problem, but I think this won't work, because the cia(update) is not signed. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Kirbs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure this will work? I have basically the same problem, but I think this won't work, because the cia is not signed. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Well I am not completely sure i'll work but, it's worth a try.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
nope you would need some way of getting your ticket.db from 9.5 emunand and injecting it into your 9.0 sysnand so it has the valid ssb update ticket

PS there is no way to do this yet.....might be a thing for karl3DS though

Reactions: pedrobarca

Arithmatics

I'll be holding on to you. ;}
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
nope you would need some way of getting your ticket.db from 9.5 emunand and injecting it into your 9.0 sysnand so it has the valid ssb update ticket

PS there is no way to do this yet.....might be a thing for karl3DS though
Can't you just install an eshop spoofer in sysnand? I'm thinking about going this route with a legit cia but i'm currently stuck at trying to figure out how to update directly on sysnand.

Do correct me if i'm wrong

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When that post was written, the firmware spoofing stuff hadn't yet been released. But yes, you should be able to go on the eShop on sysNAND using a spoofer like the Free Multi Patcher.
So would using FBI to install free multi patcher to a 4.2 sysnand be a good idea or is there a chance of a brick? never installed anything to sysnand before.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I always advise making a backup of your sysNAND before installing anything to it, but it should be fine, just make sure the destination in FBI is set to SD, and not NAND. I did it a few days ago myself.

Reactions: cvskid

xdarkmario

Philosopher
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive been down that road a while ago -__- you cant update sysnand/carts even with legit cias because if you try to boot it up it wont find it out of hack mode

just backup your save with save filer and install smash on emunand

if you insist, run the risk and use free multipatcher and QUICKLY update the game and disconnect internet

Last edited by xdarkmario,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)